website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Tickets, Trips and Experiences

Second thing is the costs. Well, we tried to calculate it and ... it's expensive.

The thing is my wife and kids are not really sports fans, so they would prefer "normal holidays" and I understand them.

Before, we tried a combo like warm baths in Eger for them and F1 race at Hungaroring or sth similar but still, this is much different...

Anyway, we go to Paris this June to check it out how it is out there, and we'll see... First talks with friends about accomodation for 24 are done, now time for this lottery thing...

But this whole thing is still 2nd problem, safety issues are 1st.

Sometimes I think that if RUS athletes are allowed to participate somehow, chances for some safety-related inicidents are smaller... But it's just my thinking and I certainly know I may be biased here... this is awful world we're living in, you know...

Edited by rafalgorka

On 12/8/2022 at 9:08 AM, rafalgorka said:

but this idea for opening ceremony is not good for safety reasons, i will not attend for sure even if sb give me golden circle tickets

Is it really much worse than the annual Tour de France ending on Champs Elysees?

9 hours ago, Agger said:

Is it really much worse than the annual Tour de France ending on Champs Elysees?

I think yes. Because THE WHOLE WORLD will be watching this.

and there will be much more people there than during annual TDF finish

I do hope i am all wrong here and my worries are not necessary

Edited by rafalgorka

https://hospitalitytravelpackages.paris2024.org/discover/?language=en

https://hospitalitytravelpackages.paris2024.org/discover/tickets-plus-hospitality?language=en

Just in case anyone is interested. The 8500 euros for top hospitality at the men's 100m final is a little out of my price range :d

I'm in the ticket lottery- I'm hoping for soccer (France men's opener in Marseille with chance of Mbappe), rugby, handball, beach volleyball, and basketball (possible doubleheader in Lille.)

I also bought one of the On Location tickets, to of all things women's street skateboarding final. The "Clubhouse 24" event you get with the ticket looks fun and it's a nice change-up from all the team sports I hope to see.

17 hours ago, rafalgorka said:

Did you join the lottery? I haven’t done it yet.

what events did you choose???

I have, for equestrian only.

But I am starting to doubt whether I will attend even if I get one. Accomodations are probably going to be through the roof even for the most basic of rooms, and let's just say the security in Paris doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence. France hasn't organized something this big in decades, so yeah, I am worried how will it go security-wise given all the previous incidents (including one just this week, for instance...).

#banbestmen

47 minutes ago, dcro said:

I have, for equestrian only.

But I am starting to doubt whether I will attend even if I get one. Accomodations are probably going to be through the roof even for the most basic of rooms, and let's just say the security in Paris doesn't exactly inspire me with confidence. France hasn't organized something this big in decades, so yeah, I am worried how will it go security-wise given all the previous incidents (including one just this week, for instance...).

We organized the European Football Championship in 2016 and the Rugby World Championship in 2007 and 2023. It's not the Olympics or the Fifa World Cup but it's big.