website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Tickets, Trips and Experiences

25 minutes ago, Oldira said:

My advice is do not panic. There will be tickets floating about and Paris has lots of accommodation.

I hope you are right. I would really like to enjoy the Games in Paris having some good tickets !!! 

And how lucky you are that you were in Barcelona 1992! I think those were the best olympics ever! 

• 8 months later...

I have started planning a trip to Paris in 2024. Handball will start in Lille on Thursday 25 July, and I will drive there by car. After the matches I want to go to Paris by train. Friday 26 July I hope to see something of the opening ceremony. Then I stay for 3 days in Paris to watch sports.

My programme will look like something like this:

Saturday 27 July

11.00-12.00 diving (synchron)

14.30-18.30 time trial cycling

21.00-00.00 beach volleybal - amazing with the Eiffel Tower view, really looking forward to it

Sunday 28 July

10.30-18.00 some field hockey matches (hopefully Netherlands)

20.30-22.30 swimming finals (hopefully with some Dutch swimmers)

Monday 29 July

14.00-16.00 waterpolo women

17.30-20.30 gymnastics team final men

Unfortunately, it is still difficult to plan because of course little is known about the sessions and participation of Dutch athletes. It is also possible that I go other days, but this seemed like a nice program. Although I would also like to see judo, 3x3 basketball and athletics.

Does anyone already knows about ticket sales and hotels?

I have also been thinking (or daydreaming I guess) about a Paris 2024 trip. I have no prior experience attending the Olympics live, so I'm afraid I might be planning a little too much and much too ambitious.

Best case scenario I'd like to go eight days friday to friday and attend 1 sport session every day:

• Friday 2 aug: BMX racing finals
  • Saturday 3 aug: swimming OR athletics
  • Sunday 4 aug: swimming OR athletics
  • Monday 5 aug: volleyball women quarterfinals
  • Tuesday 6 aug: track cycling
  • Wednesday 7 aug: volleyball women semifinals (OR athletics OR track cycling)
  • Thursday 8 aug: field hockey final (OR athletics OR track cycling OR handball OR beach volleyball)
  • Friday 9 aug: beach volleyball finals

I have no clue how difficult it is to obtain tickets to an athletics session or knockout games/finals in various team sports.

Any combination of these sports I would be super happy with though. And if it isn't possible, I can always try a sport I don't normally attend or take a day off and enjoy Paris.

16 hours ago, CCB said:

I have started planning a trip to Paris in 2024. Handball will start in Lille on Thursday 25 July, and I will drive there by car. After the matches I want to go to Paris by train. Friday 26 July I hope to see something of the opening ceremony. Then I stay for 3 days in Paris to watch sports.

My programme will look like something like this:

Saturday 27 July

11.00-12.00 diving (synchron)

14.30-18.30 time trial cycling

21.00-00.00 beach volleybal - amazing with the Eiffel Tower view, really looking forward to it

Sunday 28 July

10.30-18.00 some field hockey matches (hopefully Netherlands)

20.30-22.30 swimming finals (hopefully with some Dutch swimmers)

Monday 29 July

14.00-16.00 waterpolo women

17.30-20.30 gymnastics team final men

Unfortunately, it is still difficult to plan because of course little is known about the sessions and participation of Dutch athletes. It is also possible that I go other days, but this seemed like a nice program. Although I would also like to see judo, 3x3 basketball and athletics.

Does anyone already knows about ticket sales and hotels?

I like your programme. A lot of variation packed into three days and a nice idea to take the car to Lille for a quick one-day return as well. Is there a specific (sports or practical) reason you prefer the first weekend?

I wish I had any indication about when to plan train tickets, hotel and the Olympic tickets as well, but I've got no clue to be honest...

If you choose sports that are held in Paris Zone, it is best to visit two sessions per day. Three sessions a day is hardly doable, unless it includes an event being held in the city (free!). For the team matches, the draw and layout of the matches is important, so it is very difficult to plan that now. Keep in mind that track cycling and handball take place quite far outside Paris. Handball even in Lille. Don't ask me why. If you're going to the velodrome for a day, I wouldn't plan anything else. But judo and swimming, for example, can easily be combined in 1 day. And I recommend beach volleyball. Seems so magical to the Eiffel Tower. And always good atmosphere!

I have provisionally chosen to go in the first weekend, because of the opening ceremony. But it can also just be the second week. The disadvantage is that you miss a lot of the other sports when you are there. As a sports fanatic I don't like that. But the Olympic atmospere is so nice. I can recommend it to you.

I've had the dream of going to Paris to see the Games ever since they launched their bid back in 2015. I missed out on tickets for London and would love to finally get to see the Games.

Honestly not that worried what sports I see - I'm a climber so would love to watch the sport climbing, but aside from that I just want to experience the Olympic vibe!

The thing that worries me most is accommodation. I can get the Eurostar to Paris easily, but what is it like getting accommodation in an Olympic city? I know Paris reasonably well but very worried about inflated accommodation prices.

Also I know the ticket system is different for each country. I live in Britain but have French nationality - does anyone know how the ticketing system will work? Hoping I might be able to take advantage of both the French & British ticketing systems if possible.

https://www.paris2024.org/en/tickets/

TLDR: the ticket sales will be centralized and worldwide instead of country-by-country, starting in early 2023.

I've already booked my trip with a tour operator- I'm hoping to go on similar dates as CCB above. My dream itinerary:

Wednesday 24th- handball (I'd be flying in from Toronto Tuesday night and wouldn't have a room in Paris until Thursday)

Thursday- non-sports activity (I was thinking the show at the Moulin Rouge- any suggestions welcome, though)

Friday- opening ceremony on the Seine

Saturday- tennis and boxing

Sunday- beach volleyball and swimming

Monday- diving, rugby and badminton

Any advice for trip planning from people who have been to the Games and/or Paris would be appreciated.

19 hours ago, CCB said:

If you choose sports that are held in Paris Zone, it is best to visit two sessions per day. Three sessions a day is hardly doable, unless it includes an event being held in the city (free!). For the team matches, the draw and layout of the matches is important, so it is very difficult to plan that now. Keep in mind that track cycling and handball take place quite far outside Paris. Handball even in Lille. Don't ask me why. If you're going to the velodrome for a day, I wouldn't plan anything else. But judo and swimming, for example, can easily be combined in 1 day. And I recommend beach volleyball. Seems so magical to the Eiffel Tower. And always good atmosphere!

I have provisionally chosen to go in the first weekend, because of the opening ceremony. But it can also just be the second week. The disadvantage is that you miss a lot of the other sports when you are there. As a sports fanatic I don't like that. But the Olympic atmospere is so nice. I can recommend it to you.

Thank you! I just looked up all the locations and definitely underestimated the distances between a lot of the stadiums (and the fact that handball is only held in Lille). My favorite sports might not be easy to combine. I would probably prefer 4-7 days with 1-2 event per day and some time to enjoy the city over a full schedule of 2-3 events and lots of travelling.