website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

Come on IOC, the stupid rule of one athlete by category in Judo, Wrestling and Boxing need remove and use Size Team base allocation like World Championship 

Exemple Team Size, Max 16 Athlete AND max 8 Man and 8 Woman's

Max 2 by Event.

11 hours ago, seb851 said:

Come on IOC, the stupid rule of one athlete by category in Judo, Wrestling and Boxing need remove and use Size Team base allocation like World Championship 

Exemple Team Size, Max 16 Athlete AND max 8 Man and 8 Woman's

Max 2 by Event.

I don't agree...by doing that, you only favour the powerhouses and cut all the small teams' chances to get any medal...

we already have the world cup series and the world and continental champs to show the world how Japan are way better than the rest of the world...

the Olympic Games are so attractive also because they are a battle of Nations, it would be very boring to watch almost always a JPN vs JPN gold medal match and you would lose at least 90% of viewers very quickly (keeping only the die hard fans and throwing the sport out of the Games, because the public interest for Judo outside the Olympics is very low, unfortunately)...

I just don't think I like the fact that the second best in the world can't go to the Olympics because the best in the world is from the same country as them

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

On 4/10/2022 at 12:28 PM, Mkbw50 said:

I just don't think I like the fact that the second best in the world can't go to the Olympics because the best in the world is from the same country as them

Following your logic then the Continental representation needs to be removed as well. All the best should participate (independent of country and /or continent) and not number 100 in the world just to ensure all continents have an athlete. 
I not like 😂

The lack of quotas in combat sports makes having more than 1 athlete per event not very feasible unless you restrict it to the point where both athletes have to be in the top 3. Even then, using the 2020 judo rankings that would have granted four athletes a spot (2 for Japan and 1 for Canada and Russia). Once you go further, then the diversity drops rather quickly.

2022 Qualification calendar (so far):

• 26 June: Triathlon (Mixed Relay World Championships)
  • 24 August - 12 September: Shotgun Shooting (European Championships)
  • 5-18 September: Rifle/Pistol Shooting (European Championships)
  • 10-25 September: Archery (Asian Games), Field Hockey (Asian Games)
  • 14-18 September: Rhythmic Gymnastics (World Championships)
  • 22 September - 1 October: Women's Basketball (World Cup)
  • 22 September - 11 October: Shotgun Shooting (World Championships)
  • 12-25 October: Pistol/Rifle Shooting (World Championships)
  • November: Artistic Gymnastics (World Championships)
  • 4-20 November: Women's Handball (European Championships)
  • 9-16 November: Shotgun/Pistol/Rifle Shooting (America's Championship)

+ whatever Equestrian will finally decide, as I'm sure there will be multiple quotas determined this year.