website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

1 hour ago, dullard said:

The requirement for teams to qualify relays at the 2024 World Aquatic Championships in Doha has been abandoned.

https://www.stateofswimming.com/world-aquatics-hears-athlete-coach-voices-to-lift-doha-relays-lock-for-paris-olympics/

this makes more sense (even if I think they should have a larger number of meets to achieve the required time, at least 4 or 5...and not only those 2 world champs).

ARTISTIC SWIMMING NEWS

men can participate in ballet events; at most 2 can participate in ballet events; at most 2

https://www.lequipe.fr/Natation-synchronisee/Actualites/Les-hommes-autorises-a-participer-a-la-natation-artistique-aux-jo-de-paris-2024/1371299

Edited by Benolympique

On 12/21/2022 at 3:22 PM, JoshMartini007 said:

The 50% rule is more of a suggestion. The hope is that the standards are so difficult that only around 50% of the quotas will be filled and the rest will be filled by the rankings.

It's similar to the "Road to Budapest"

Athletics standards have become absurd at this point. People here have seriously joked, that these marks are the sane ones which would bring medals in Paris for most of the events. 

2 hours ago, Benolympique said:

ARTISTIC SWIMMING NEWS

men can participate in ballet events; at most 2 can participate in ballet events; at most 2

https://www.lequipe.fr/Natation-synchronisee/Actualites/Les-hommes-autorises-a-participer-a-la-natation-artistique-aux-jo-de-paris-2024/1371299

Here’s my article on the change for those interested: https://medium.com/@Olympian1010/artistic-swimming-confirms-its-newest-innovation-for-paris-2024-men-699f669853dd

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Athletics standards have become absurd at this point. People here have seriously joked, that these marks are the sane ones which would bring medals in Paris for most of the events. 

If it were up to World Athletics they would rather have athletes qualify through the rankings only. Not fair either.

23 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

so the duo will be exclusively female? And the ballet will be mixed? so she will be in a mixed event? called ballet? or mixed ballet?

2 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

so the duo will be exclusively female? And the ballet will be mixed? so she will be in a mixed event? called ballet? or mixed ballet?

My interpretation of World Aquatics announcement is that the team event will “open” (like equestrian events). Men do not have to be included in the team, and as far as I can tell, remain ineligible in duet.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

My interpretation of World Aquatics announcement is that the team event will “open” (like equestrian events). Men do not have to be included in the team, and as far as I can tell, remain ineligible in duet.

so the test will be the mixed ballet? categorized in the mixed category in the same way as the events (mixed doubles in badminton, table tennis, etc.)

9 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

so the test will be the mixed ballet? categorized in the mixed category in the same way as the events (mixed doubles in badminton, table tennis, etc.)

No, it would be categorized as “open” because NOCs don’t have to use male athletes. They can still send all female teams. It’s similar to equestrian events, where quotas aren’t bound to athletes of a particular gender, except there are some more limitations applied in this case.