website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

I'm pretty sure the Russian and Belarusian NOCs haven't been suspended (there was no reason to as the Olympics ended before the invasion), so technically there's nothing stopping them if the WF for the sport doesn't ban it

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

8 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

I'm pretty sure the Russian and Belarusian NOCs haven't been suspended (there was no reason to as the Olympics ended before the invasion), so technically there's nothing stopping them if the WF for the sport doesn't ban it

can russia qualify in team sports for paris 2024?

Technically yes, but it depends on individual federation (FINA, IHF etc) and then IOC final approval so seems unlikely

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

1 minute ago, Mkbw50 said:

Technically yes, but it depends on individual federation (FINA, IHF etc) and then IOC final approval so seems unlikely

therefore no chance in handball; basketball and water polo? because I am making my predictions in team sports?

37 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

Afaik, the Olympic truce lasts beyond the Olympics up until the end of Paralympics. They have broken it.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Mkbw50 said:

the IOC didn't ban the Russian and Belarussian NOCs, but left the IFs free to take their decision...

WA banned the Russians (and Belarussians) no matter what, many others also did it...however, some did not (judo is the first that comes to my mind...the Russians participated to the Grand Slam tournament in Ulanbaatar when the OQP was already on)...

by the way, thanks to the FIBA rules, Russia is basically already out in Basketball, since they have been excluded from the next world cup (which will award all the olympic slots for Europe, directly or indirectly -i.e. qualifying to the final OQTs)...

also in Handball, as they're out of the next world championships, they keep just a remote chance only by being the best non-qualified team at the 2023/2024 Europeans, which is highly unlikely for the men (the women could do it, if by then they're reinstated among the eligible teams)...

in men's Football they've been thrown out of the U21 Euro-finals, so they stand no chance anymore...

in Volleyball, they are still in contention as with the women as with the men, at least until the deadline of the final OTs (their world ranking is too good for them to leave them out "on the field")...

in any case, I think this time IOC would not allow them to participate to the Paris Olympics in any team sport/event...and the chance they get at least some individual invitation is quite slim...first, the conflict vs UKR must be "officially" over, with a peace treaty being signed by both parts (and I don't think that all this sh*t is gonna be over in a short time)...

1 hour ago, Benolympique said:

regarding russia in team sports? do you know if she can qualify (handball, volleyball, water polo, etc.)

No chance to see a Russian in Paris, but pretty sure they will find a way to qualify them in hockey for Milano just to piss me off, as they have the good habit of doing...

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

No chance to see a Russian in Paris, but pretty sure they will find a way to qualify them in hockey for Milano just to piss me off, as they have the good habit of doing...

naaa...they must do it because I deserve the best possible quality for my home Olympic tournament...:p

5 hours ago, phelps said:

also in Handball, as they're out of the next world championships, they keep just a remote chance only by being the best non-qualified team at the 2023/2024 Europeans, which is highly unlikely for the men (the women could do it, if by then they're reinstated among the eligible teams)...

Women's Europeans are already this year ;)