website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

I wonder if they are waiting for the qualification systems to be 100% finalized before they publish them on site.

Because, if so, then it will be months before all of them come up. FEI for example has not yet decided on the minimum eligibility criteria. They have postponed that decision all the way to November.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

I wonder if they are waiting for the qualification systems to be 100% finalized before they publish them on site.

Because, if so, then it will be months before all of them come up. FEI for example has not yet decided on the minimum eligibility criteria. They have postponed that decision all the way to November.

For equestrian at least, they'll need to publish soon since the first direct qualifying event is suppose to be the 2022 World Championships. The IOC made it a big deal for the sport federations to be open and transparent.

I guess we'll see...

16 hours ago, Sindo said:

Thanks for this!

A calendar page has been set up:

Please report here or in the comments of that page all the known events we can add!

You can add skateboarding http://www.worldskate.org/news/44-discipline/skateboarding/3414-paris-2024-skateboarding-qualification-criteria-including-2022-contest-schedule.html

On 5/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, Sindo said:

Thanks for this!

A calendar page has been set up: https://totallympics.com/qualification-tracker/paris-2024/paris-2024-qualification-calendar/paris-2024-qualification-calendar-r1800/

Please report here or in the comments of that page all the known events we can add!

Where do we have the football system from?

FIFA is always pretty bad about publishing the qualification document. The men's and women's CONCACAF and women's CONMEBOL qualifiers will happen in the coming months. Everything else is dated for 2023/2024 so I am not worrying too much about them just yet.

Note for women's CONCACAF the winner will qualify directly while second and third place will play a play-off match in 2023.

when we are supposed to have all qualification documents ? June 2024 ? with Tommy B in charge nothing surprises me anymore :facepalm: (the last time I criticized him here they realized few documents in less than an hour :d so I hope it works again)

but what's interesting for me that some sports didn't even notify everybody about their qualification documents being published. for example nobody in my country knows that Wrestling qualification is already out there. our WR federation is usually pretty quick in publishing these kind of news and they certainly doesn't know that.

even in weightlifting, IWF didn't write a thing about it in its website. I had to contact some journalists and send them the PDF, now it's published in news websites here and everybody knows. specially in weightlifting everybody should know the qualification system already to make plans. (also be more careful about doping and watching younger athletes)

I believe half of those sports wrote something in their websites about Olympic qualification documents being published. in most of them still nobody knows :facepalm:

For people keeping track, we are missing

Aquatics (Artistic Swimming, Diving, Open Water, Swimming, Water Polo)

Athletics

Canoeing (Slalom, Sprint)

Cycling (BMX Freestyle, BMX Race, Road, Track)

Equestrian (Dressage, Eventing, Jumping)

Football

Sailing

Surfing

Table Tennis

Tennis

In terms of direct qualifiers, equestrian and football will definitely have 2022 qualifiers while sailing may also use their 2022 world champs. The 2022 Asian Games may have qualifiers in these sports too (sailing? tennis?)

On 5/2/2022 at 9:47 PM, JoshMartini007 said:

For equestrian at least, they'll need to publish soon since the first direct qualifying event is suppose to be the 2022 World Championships. The IOC made it a big deal for the sport federations to be open and transparent.

I guess we'll see...

FINA already broke the transparency idea. :p

And it does seem like equestrian systems will not come out for a while.

image.png

Documents from the recent FEI Sports Forum are available here. It's all still pretty much in the proposal stage (in regards to MERs and competition formats).

#banbestmen