website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

Fencing continues with the shitty system. Totally favoring teams and big nations :(

Judo with smaller changes: 17 best from ranking (instead of 18) per category but with 5 invitation to ensure more teams in mixed event 

Taekwondo: Unchanged I think (totally unfair against big nations:) 

35 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Fencing continues with the shitty system. Totally favoring teams and big nations :(

Judo with smaller changes: 17 best from ranking (instead of 18) per category but with 5 invitation to ensure more teams in mixed event 

Taekwondo: Unchanged I think (totally unfair against big nations:) 

JUdo lost 14 quotas as well, 

Usually I dislike it when sports cut their tripartite quotas, but for judo it probably doesn't hurt much, the old system guaranteed 121 different nations so cutting it down to 116+ nations isn't the end of the world. It'll also help prevent the mixed team event from having an embarrassing low amount of teams (2020 was okay, but there could be situations where we'll struggle to get 8+ teams in the old system).

I don’t think it was mentioned yet, but there’s also a chance for universality quotas in golf now.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 hours ago, Benolympique said:

will france have all the teams in collective sport qualified for tokyo?

Not sure that France will be qualified for Field Hockey. It's look like the same fact than Team Brazil in Rio 2016.