website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Qualification Systems Road to Paris 2024

First bit of information: Pan American region will receive 42 quotas (38 in 2020).

Three events will allocate quotas: 2022 Pan Am Championships (November) - 1 quota in each of the 12 individual events, 2023 Pan American Games (October 2023), 1 quota in each of the events (2 in trap, skeet and 25 m pistol events) and finally 2024 Pan American Championships (1 quota per event). In 2020 only 2 events served as qualifying tournaments.

The increase in quotas implies that World Cup quotas are decreased? I am not sure...

Source in Spanish

2 hours ago, intoronto said:

First bit of information: Pan American region will receive 42 quotas (38 in 2020).

Three events will allocate quotas: 2022 Pan Am Championships (November) - 1 quota in each of the 12 individual events, 2023 Pan American Games (October 2023), 1 quota in each of the events (2 in trap, skeet and 25 m pistol events) and finally 2024 Pan American Championships (1 quota per event). In 2020 only 2 events served as qualifying tournaments.

The increase in quotas implies that World Cup quotas are decreased? I am not sure...

Source in Spanish

Assuming they are going with their original plan, the World Cups won't offer any direct quotas. It'll be the 2022 and 2023 World Championships, the continental qualifiers and I think the World Rankings (not 100% on that one).

3 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Assuming they are going with their original plan, the World Cups won't offer any direct quotas. It'll be the 2022 and 2023 World Championships, the continental qualifiers and I think the World Rankings (not 100% on that one).

Please anything but World Rankings. 

4 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Yes, no quota at World Cups. 
the quotas will be allocated at World and Continental Championship/qualifiers and World rankings. 
when it comes to World ranking my understanding is there will be a seperate OQR list where 10 best results during 22/23 count. How that works in detail let’s see. 

Boxing per this: https://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/boxing/boost-for-future-of-olympic-boxing-as-ioc-accepts-overhaul-of-qualifying-system-41516035.html

The top eight ranked boxers in each of the 13 Olympic weight categories on December 31, 2003 will qualify for Paris.

Boxers will earn qualification points in a new Golden Belt series being run under the auspices of the IBA in 2023. The number of Golden Belt tournaments which will be run next year, and the number of qualification points awarded at each tournament, has not been published.

The situation is further complicated because the IBA suggests that boxers from two different weight categories can earn qualification points for one of the Olympic weight categories. So, a 54kg boxer could qualify for the 57kg Olympic weight category.

Following the initial allocation of Olympic places there would be a second allocation on March 31, 2024 which would again be based on the ranking system.

However, the then highest ranked boxer – not previously qualified - from each continent (Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania, and Pan America) would be guaranteed a place

The two final spots in each category would be decided at a World Qualification tournament which would be held before May 2024. The two finalists in each category would be allocated an Olympic place.

Some spots are missing, I am assuming host quota and wild cards.