:GER 2/3/3

:ROU & :USA 2/0/1

:SUI 2/0/0

:FRA 1/3/0

:LTU & :NED & :ESP 1/0/0

:ITA 0/4/1

:BEL & :CHI 0/1/0

:CAN & :CZE  & :GRE & :IRL & :POL & :RUS 0/0/1

Germany with clearly the most medals (as usual) and the Netherlands almost nonexistent as usual (just to completely explode at senior level).

Overall tally (5 medals) is the best one from France since 1994.

Just now, De_Gambassi said:

Overall tally (5 medals) is the best one from France since 1994.

Congrats! I don't think that those athletes will be competitive by 2024, but maybe in 2028 they could do some damage.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

In the end it was a total disaster for us.

6 of our 7 boats made A Finals but just one medal.

I wasn't expecting much from our 4 men's boats because there were some key absences and new faces, with the exception of the men's four which finished 5th.

Our women's four was disappointing as they finished 6th, when 3 of the 4 girls were part of the team last year which won silver at the European Juniors. Plus they all row for the Nautical Club of Thessaloniki and I expected that they would have a lot of chemistry in that boat, usually our crews are mixed with people from different parts of the country that don't really know each other outside the national team.

Also disappointing that our women's double finished 5th after winning their heat and having a girl who won bronze at least year's European Juniors in the same class as a 15 year old. However both girls are just 16 so I guess 5th is a solid result for them, all other crews in the A Final had at least one athlete who won't be eligible for this category next year, and we are the only ones who can have both girls come back.

I expected more from Evangelia Fragkou in the women's single sculls but I guess winning a medal is still good, especially since she may have been impacted by the covid outbreak in our training camp last month. If there were another 5-10m, she would've won silver but there wasn't enough water left during her sprint at the end. Still, she is becoming very successful for us with 3 medals in the past year (bronze at 2020 European Juniors, bronze at 2021 World U23s, bronze at 2021 World Juniors). Now she just needs to change the color. I imagine she will appear again this year probably at the European U23s and/or European Juniors.

4 of our 7 women will be able to come back to this category next year, while only 2 of our 9 men will be.

Excellent gold medal, which is a decent result for a nation where youth/junior sports just isn't as important as it is in many other nations. Dutch athletes often only get better once they get professional guidance, which usually just starts later :) 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!