website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

entry list for the Grand Prix in Cuba

all those weightlifters who missed previous two events have to register here otherwise they are out of the Olympics

https://mf.iwf.sport/entry_list_cub/

:PRK North Korea is back ! but no sign of Om Yun-chol looks like he is retired :(

nobody from Russia which means they will miss the Olympic but there are lots of Belorussians on the start list

I have a feeling it will be a low level competition. most weightlifters simply register and participate in weight-in to fulfill one of their OQ event requirements.

Edited by MHSN

13 minutes ago, MHSN said:

entry list for the Grand Prix in Cuba

all those weightlifters who missed previous two events have to register here otherwise they are out of the Olympics

https://mf.iwf.sport/entry_list_cub/

:PRK North Korea is back ! but no sing of Om Yun-chol looks like he is retired :(

nobody from Russia which means they will miss the Olympic but there are lots of Belorussians on the start list

I have a feeling it will be a low level competition. most weightlifters simply register and participate in weight-in to fulfill one of their OQ event requirements.

Can one change their entry total? Boady Santavy with 400 lol. He lifted 340 at nationals this weekend and wasn't even in top 3.

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Can one change their entry total? Boady Santavy with 400 lol. He lifted 340 at nationals this weekend and wasn't even in top 3.

still yes. this is just the preliminary entry. the main one is what you register in the general meeting one day (sometimes 2 days) before the competition, that's what you can't change

and it doesn't really matter I think lots of those guys (maybe including Santavy) just travel to Cuba and participate in weight-in to fulfill one of their OQ requirements. most of them won't lift a thing.

15 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

This is the first sign North Korea will take part at the Olympics. Until now, I don't think they have participated in any international event (even if they are just showing up for a weigh-in).

They also registered for the Women's football qualifiers in Asia. (didn't have to play in the 1st round) so I assume they want to participate in Paris.

but as of now they didn't participate in any event in any sport. I assume that will change with Cuba weightlifting GP

8 hours ago, MHSN said:

They also registered for the Women's football qualifiers in Asia. (didn't have to play in the 1st round) so I assume they want to participate in Paris.

but as of now they didn't participate in any event in any sport. I assume that will change with Cuba weightlifting GP

I wonder if North Korea has any precautions in preventing their athletes from contacting covid. 

• 2 weeks later...

:PRK comeback is going to turn somebody's plans around big time...

and I fear :ITA are one of those Nations going to pay a prize for that (especially Massidda and Zanni).

among the women, moreover, they are already posting some worrying numbers, if the final results would be close to the entries.