website statistics

Weightlifting Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Laraja said:

But with different results... probably because he gets one in WC and the other one in European...

That's a new update from IWF. They released a "long list", where they are considering all categories and more than one athlete from each country.

I don't know if it was a mistake by them, or they've added him twice intentionally

I think they have to include more than 1 lifter per Nation because if a country has more than 1 athlete in qualifying position (within the 10th best Nation score), they can choose who they want to send to the Olympic Games, like in Judo.

for instance, in the women's -49kg, :CHN can choose between Jiang and Hou, who are both in the top 10. It's not automatic that the best of the 2 must be selected.

but it's just my personal intepretation, I'm not sure of anything. :mumble:

p.s. in the men's -102kg, 2 Armenians are listed in light blue, when only 1 could be...it needs to be fixed. ;)

Edited by phelps

15 hours ago, Laraja said:

But with different results... probably because he gets one in WC and the other one in European...

That's a new update from IWF. They released a "long list", where they are considering all categories and more than one athlete from each country.

I don't know if it was a mistake by them, or they've added him twice intentionally

That's just a mistake 

it happened because they have two profiles for the same weightlifter

https://iwf.sport/weightlifting_/athletes-bios/?athlete=sidiskis-arnas-1990-05-07&id=19215

https://iwf.sport/weightlifting_/athletes-bios/?athlete=sidiskis-arnas-1990-07-05&id=3358

in one of them he is born on 7 May and in the other one 5 July :d  

since he has two profiles. their software "thinks" they are two different weightlifters and therefore he is listed twice.

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Bun said:

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1136466/ukraine-face-expulsion-weightlifting

The Bach-Putin pact has already taken into affect:lol::lol:.   

naaa...

it's our usual Ukraine in Weightlifting...

it was only a question of when it was going to happen.

now the next on the list are Romania (Cambei and Toma are absolutely not trustable) and Armenia (just choose someone from all the recent European medallists).

as I wrote earlier, there's no way you can get scores even close to the last 20 years' top results and still be clean, as we all know that no result from the Ajan's era is clean).

Is competing at the World Championship this year mandatory for the Olympic quota? Because Karlos Nasar had an emergency foot operation, after some bizarre home incident, and it's rumoured he will be out 7-8 months... As usual, weightlifters aren't the sharpest athletes out there, what can i say..

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Is competing at the World Championship this year mandatory for the Olympic quota? Because Karlos Nasar had an emergency foot operation, after some bizarre home incident, and it's rumoured he will be out 7-8 months... As usual, weightlifters aren't the sharpest athletes out there, what can i say..

yes, but he could always do what Pizzolato did at the Europeans...he just needs to be registered and make the weight without showin'up at the actual competition.

Edited by phelps

• 2 weeks later...