website statistics

Taekwondo Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

52 minutes ago, prso1000 said:

Does the junior World Championship counts towards Olympic ranking? 

I think they should. World (G6) and Continental (G2) Junior championships are listed in the Grade of events of the ranking by law. I have included them in the 2022 Olympic qualification calendar.

14 minutes ago, Sindo said:

I think they should. World (G6) and Continental (G2) Junior championships are listed in the Grade of events of the ranking by law. I have included them in the 2022 Olympic qualification calendar.

Thanks, JWCH is a G7 now. Which is great for Croatia as the Duvancic sisters are still juniors, but seems a bit unfair to me. 

Thanks to Angel Esteban and levartoz we have that real Olympic ranking including Gran Prix Roma.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18vJAIixTBo9HqcjkSnKgAbE8y3lkwBV_j71Cf8kXtxs/edit#gid=2110015066

In the link above you can see the top 50 of each weight with the breakdown of points per season of that real ranking.

The Olympic ranking currently published by the international federation covers the results of the last 4 years, deducting 25% each year. The points of the last 12 months count 100%, the other 12 previous months (from 13 to 24) count 75% and so on.

This Olympic ranking published by the international federation is the one that is certain at all times to qualify for the G6 Grand Prix (where only the top 32 in the Olympic ranking participate in each weight with a maximum of 2 per country).

The real Olympic ranking would include: 25% of the points obtained in 2020 and 2021 up to and including the Olympic Games + 50% of the points obtained in 2021 from the Olympic Games + 75% of the points obtained in 2022 (except for the World Cup which will count 50%) + 100% of the 2023 points

• 2 months later...

What is happening with the Grand Slam event in this sport?  It seems WT tied everything to the China/Wuxi link up, but now China is cancelling any international sport for the rest of the year, this seems to be in limbo.  I cannot find any web sites that provide up to date information other than 2022 Final cancelled, and wondered whether anyone else has seen any formal updates on what is happening going forward?  It is meant to be a qualifying event in 2023.

49 minutes ago, Cmon Mary said:

What is happening with the Grand Slam event in this sport?  It seems WT tied everything to the China/Wuxi link up, but now China is cancelling any international sport for the rest of the year, this seems to be in limbo.  I cannot find any web sites that provide up to date information other than 2022 Final cancelled, and wondered whether anyone else has seen any formal updates on what is happening going forward?  It is meant to be a qualifying event in 2023.

Its not only the Grand Slam but the Grand Prix Final as well. 
I hope they will take it away from China. 

• 3 weeks later...

time for another Grand Prix tournament...

and in :FRA Paris we had some big upsets in day #1...

in the women's -49kg:THA Panipak Wongpattanakit won the gold medal. OQR no.1, :ESP Adriana Cerezo, lost against :GER Ela Aydin in the quarterfinals (the German girl won then the bronze medal). Silver went to :TUR Merve Dincel, the second bronze went to :KOR Kang Bo Ra

in the women's -57kg the :CHN Chinese girls dominated the field, thanks to Zhongshi Luo (Gold) and Lijun Zhou (bronze). Silver went to :CAN Skylar Park, the other bronze medal was won by :MAR Nada Laaraj.

the men's -58kg, with the Olympic Champion :ITA Vito Dell'Aquila still out injured, was won by the local hero :FRA Cyrian Ravet, who's becoming more and more dangerous in 2024 perspective. :TUN Mohamed Jendoubi earned the Silver medal, meanwhile :ESP Adrian Vicente Yunta and :AUS Bailey Lewis got the bronze medals. OQR no.1 and world champion (in the -54kg) :KOR Jang Jun was surprisingly eliminated by Ravet in the quarterfinals.

Day #1 Semifinals and Finals session:

Day #2 in Paris

Women's -67kg
Gold: :CIV Ruth Gbagbi
Silver: :KOR Nam Min-Seo
Bronze: :MEX Leslie Soltero & :BEL Sarah Chaari

Men's -68kg
Gold: :ESP Javier Perez Polo
Silver: :JOR Zaid Kareem
Bronze: :GBR Bradly Sinden & :FRA Theo Lucien

Men's -80kg
Gold: :ITA Simone Alessio
Silver: :NOR Andre Ordemann
Bronze: :TUN Firas Katousi & :USA Carl Alan Nickolas

Today's action recap by World taekwondo

http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/competition/view.html?nid=139347&mcd=D26&sc=ne

Today's Semifinals and Finals session (hoping that it won't disappear too soon like yesterday)

Day #3 (final) in Paris

Women's +67kg
Gold: :KOR Lee Dabin
Silver: :FRA Althea Laurin
Bronze: :TUR Nafia Kus & :BRA Gabriele Siqueira

Men's +80kg
Gold: :CUB Rafael Alba
Silver: :CRO Ivan Sapina
Bronze: :CIV Cheick Sallah Cissè & :ESP Ivan Garcia Martinez

Today's action recap by World Taekwondo

http://www.worldtaekwondo.org/competition/view.html?nid=139358&mcd=D26&sc=ne

• 1 month later...