website statistics

Track Cycling Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

5 hours ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

So, ranking is not beginned. For Europe, counts:
- 2023 and 2024 continental championships;
- best two results in UCI Track wolrd cup 2023 and 2024
- 2023 world championship

According to the qualification documentation, the qualification period runs from 9th July 2022 to 14th April 2024 so technically the ranking has begun although as with all systems based on rankings, the position 2 years out is largely meaningless and is indicative only.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

This version seems not including the result of latest Canadian stage. At least not including China's score on this stage so I found it.

Weird, you are the second person to say me that. @Josh also did it.

Tbh, I am not sure because I am not too much into the Cycling Track Qualification. But, the event in Canada finished on April 23th. And these rankings, are based on the ranking published by UCI on April 24th. So, I thought it was already counting the points from that event. (The 27th in the link is the day when it was updated, not exaclty the most updated ranking by the federations)

33 minutes ago, Laraja said:

Weird, you are the second person to say me that. @Josh also did it.

Tbh, I am not sure because I am not too much into the Cycling Track Qualification. But, the event in Canada finished on April 23th. And these rankings, are based on the ranking published by UCI on April 24th. So, I thought it was already counting the points from that event. (The 27th in the link is the day when it was updated, not exaclty the most updated ranking by the federations)

The standard UCI rankings published on Tuesday do include the points from the Milton Nations Cup leg - it's only the Olympic Ranking list that doesn't include the data. 

The only reason that I can think of for the discrepancy is that the only the best 2 results from the 2023 Nations Cup series will be counted for the Olympic Ranking and it may be taking some time for the UCI to get their system set up to reflect that.

16 minutes ago, Rafa Maciel said:

The standard UCI rankings published on Tuesday do include the points from the Milton Nations Cup leg - it's only the Olympic Ranking list that doesn't include the data. 

The only reason that I can think of for the discrepancy is that the only the best 2 results from the 2023 Nations Cup series will be counted for the Olympic Ranking and it may be taking some time for the UCI to get their system set up to reflect that.

You may be right... I knew about Worlds, Nations Cup and Continental Events counting for the rankings.

1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

Even then the results are missing.