Hannover Marathon :GER  

March 26, 2023

Men's:

:GER Amanal Petros

:KEN Denis Chirchir
:KEN Frederick Kibii

Women's:

:CRO Matea Parlov Kostro

Source: ADAC Marathon Hannover 2023 (mikatiming.de)

This isn't listed Grade B or above, so therefore doesn't count.  

I think you are mixing up two different things. Grade A or B is about the measurement of the course, not the status of the competition: 63a1742ced7e871d1a269206.pdf (worldathletics.org)

It certainly counts according to german commentators as well Petros and Kostro, who prior to the competition even said, that her goal is the Olympic standard.

Edited by EselTheDonkey

Additional information: The times from last year's Hannover Marathon certainly count for the qualification for Budapest 2023 (a road to Paris is not yet on World Athletics): Road To | World Athletics (click on Marathon women and choose nation "Germany", and some times from Hannover 2022 pop up, that count as a qualifier)

And the Hannover Marathon 2022 was only E-status as a competition as well: Events Calendar | World Athletics (you most click back to April 4th 2022)

And they had the A or B level measurement in the qualifictaion criteria for Budapest as well: 62ff627cef4200119b5555be.pdf (worldathletics.org)

1 hour ago, EselTheDonkey said:

Additional information: The times from last year's Hannover Marathon certainly count for the qualification for Budapest 2023 (a road to Paris is not yet on World Athletics): Road To | World Athletics (click on Marathon women and choose nation "Germany", and some times from Hannover 2022 pop up, that count as a qualifier)

And the Hannover Marathon 2022 was only E-status as a competition as well: Events Calendar | World Athletics (you most click back to April 4th 2022)

And they had the A or B level measurement in the qualifictaion criteria for Budapest as well: 62ff627cef4200119b5555be.pdf (worldathletics.org)

I'll leave the Hannover marathon on there, and what I'll do is I'll look at the Road To Budapest and see which marathons I've left off that are considered up to standard. I do think there should be summat there that tells you whether it's an A or B measured event.   

:COL qualified a woman in race walking (last week), but I don’t think we’ve added her to the list yet @Cinnamon Bun @JoshMartini007

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela