website statistics

Artistic Swimming Qualification to Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I see new Qualifying Document uploaded.

https://stillmed.olympics.com/media/Documents/Olympic-Games/Paris-2024/Paris2024-QS-FINA-ArtisticSwimming.pdf?_ga=2.189237411.920809123.1675179215-349632716.1665779537

I think this clarifies that European NOC's can only qualify at the 2024 World Aquatic Games, even if France chooses not to participate, so the European Qualifier is redundant.  

• 4 months later...

The host nation has always taken the continental qualification spot - in 2015 Canada won the Pan-Am games but didn't get a quota. So from a team perspective, this year is no different to what has gone before.

For the duet, there is still a European quota available and this will be awarded at the European Games later this month. As per the qualification document: "The best duet with combined results (Duet Technical + Duet Free), not yet qualified, will earn quota place for Paris 2024 Olympic Games"  

Again that doesn't seem to be any different to the qualification pathways used for Rio or Tokyo.

Edited by Rafa Maciel

• 1 month later...

Till now the African qualification pathway has not been announced 

any idea if WCH 2023 would qualify the top athlete from Africa.. or 2024 edition?

I believe no continental championship in Africa 

same applies for diving but will ask the question in a different forum 

9 hours ago, El Analyzer said:

Till now the African qualification pathway has not been announced 

any idea if WCH 2023 would qualify the top athlete from Africa.. or 2024 edition?

I believe no continental championship in Africa 

same applies for diving but will ask the question in a different forum 

the selection will be made at the 2023 worlds in japan this month