website statistics

Skeleton 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

8 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Any idea why the men's results aren't there yet?

I believe there were some issues with heavy snowfall. I did see the IBSF post about the results this morning though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I'm starting to notice people are getting more and more excited about the Brazilian athlete here in Brazil, and I've even read somewhere people saying she has enough potential to finish in the top 8 at the Olympics, thus surpassing our historical best result -- a ninth place completely out of luck in snowboard cross in 2006. 

7 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

I'm starting to notice people are getting more and more excited about the Brazilian athlete here in Brazil, and I've even read somewhere people saying she has enough potential to finish in the top 8 at the Olympics, thus surpassing our historical best result -- a ninth place completely out of luck in snowboard cross in 2006. 

I hope she breaks that record, although I highly doubt it's at all realistic :p 

We'll see when the main season gets underway though, it would be truly insane (and awesome!!) progress if she gets close to top-10 results :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

21 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I hope she breaks that record, although I highly doubt it's at all realistic :p 

We'll see when the main season gets underway though, it would be truly insane (and awesome!!) progress if she gets close to top-10 results :d 

The result of the Olympic test is quite positive though, even if it's early season. I mean the whole circuit was there and probably in good form since they had to discover the track and practice it in competition conditions. 

It seems thatt things are getting a bit more realistic for :BRA now that the World Cup is getting closer, but still quite alright.

https://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/502059

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, heywoodu said:

It seems thatt things are getting a bit more realistic for :BRA now that the World Cup is getting closer, but still quite alright.

https://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/502059

The first run looks like a mistake happened. She was third in the second run.

In any case hoping for a Brazil top 8 in Beijing

5 hours ago, intoronto said:

The first run looks like a mistake happened. She was third in the second run.

In any case hoping for a Brazil top 8 in Beijing

Yep, early mistake looking at the splits.

Maybe this race is the most realistic then :p ? https://www.ibsf.org/en/component/events/event/502061