website statistics

Skeleton 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

42 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Oh there's absolutely nothing wrong with her representing the Czech Republic, frankly it's also good for the sport.

The point is just that the Czech Republic didn't suddenly develop a strong skeleton program.

Plus even when looking at the athlete herself, there's nothing new: she was already a well-known name on the circuit well before Pyeongchang 2018 :p 

Good result from the Brazilian in Yanqing though. It's early days, of course, but it's a promising start of the winter.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, Monzanator said:

I only caught up to :NED trying to be a thing in women's bobsleigh. How is that going? @heywoodu

Considering she too has been a mainstay for a good number of seasons now, quite well. Especially when taking in account the fact she finished 8th in her debut worlds in 2016, 8th in the Olympics and 3rd in the World Cup overall standings last season (despite missing a race). Missed out on the podium only twice last season, only Flock had more podium finishes.

Edit: I just notice now you mentioned bobsleigh instead of skeleton, I got confused since we're in the skeleton thread :p I assume you meant skeleton though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

12 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Question. Who of them have good chance to compete in Beijing Olympics?

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I'd say :ISV:PUR have good chances in women, and for men :ASA, :ISR . Not sure about :IRL and :GHA has an outside shot. Everyone else is probably not going to qualify.

Silveira :BRA is on some good early season form at the moment. There’s a lot of racing to go until the qualification cut off, but a NA CUP win is a good place to start.

Vargas :COL was the best of the other non-traditional starters in 8th.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Silveira :BRA is on some good early season form at the moment. There’s a lot of racing to go until the qualification cut off, but a NA CUP win is a good place to start.

Especially with these margins and in a field that's actually quite decent!

Any idea why the men's results aren't there yet?