website statistics

Alpine Skiing 2021 - 2022 Discussion Thread

Totallympics

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Not sure in which FIS thread it fits best, but I had completely overlooked the death of Gian Franco Kasper earlier this week, 20+ year FIS president :yikes: 

https://www.fis-ski.com/en/international-ski-federation/news-multimedia/news/tributes-honor-gian-franco-kasper

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Extremely unusual result sheets this year from Argentina and Chile, with only the home skiers taking part.

In the Olympic season, it's usually a melting pot for all those seeking to become pop-up Olympians for their exotic nations, but I guess this kind of participation will be at record low this time round.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Extremely unusual result sheets this year from Argentina and Chile, with only the home skiers taking part.

In the Olympic season, it's usually a melting pot for all those seeking to become pop-up Olympians for their exotic nations, but I guess this kind of participation will be at record low this time round.

And as for New Zealand…:cry:

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Wendy Holdener broke both arms during last training. Apparently surgery is not necessary but She will miss at least Solden for sure

Wow, that post ended a lot less bad than I expected it when reading the first words :yikes: 

Good thing Solden is weeks before the season 'really' kicks off, plenty of time to recover...hopefully she'll be fit on time to enter the season full-force at least before February!

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!