website statistics
Parapan American Games 2019
Posted
Just now, vinipereira said:

Actually yes, thanks for the tip :p (I hope this doesn't get blocked later since that's what happened with every single international streaming of the Pan Ams here)

They're showing a Volleyball match with just one camera (but at least it's something) and apparently will broadcast Table Tennis later.

Damn, the website won’t work for me :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted

Alright, Official IPC Information regarding 2019 Parapan American Games has just been sent to media. t’s not much to post an article on, so I’ll just discuss it hear. The IPC has confirmed 5 sports will be broadcast live - Athletics, Badminton, Swimming, Wheelchair Basketball, and Wheelchair Rugby. 3 sports will make their Parapan American Games debut - Badminton, Shooting, Taekwondo. These will be the biggest Parapan American Games yet.

Also, streaming will be available at the following links:

https://www.lima2019.pe/canales-streaming

https://www.paralympic.org/lima-2019-watch-live

https://m.facebook.com/paralympics/

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
24 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Apparently only Athletics, Swimming, Wheelchair Basketball and Rugby + ceremonies will be broadcast.

That’s what was covered in 2015. In all fairness, we haven’t even gotten to a point where we cover most sports in the Pan American Games. The IPC generally has good coverage of their events, but PanAm Sports is so, so at best. I’m just happy the “main” events are broadcasted at all to be honest.

Posted
23 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Apparently only Athletics, Swimming, Wheelchair Basketball and Rugby + ceremonies will be broadcast.

Badminton too according to the APC

Posted

I haven’t seen anything suggesting this will be streamed or televised yet. Hopefully as we get closer, I’ll see something.

17 minutes ago, dcro said:

Happy for para-dressage. In recent years they always had top-notch broadcasts of World/European Championships, and yet the Paralympics were nowhere to be seen. That must have been very frustrating for everyone involved.

I’m not a huge fan of equestrian, but I’m glad these sports are finally being broadcast. What I don’t understand is there are only 3 sports (2 of which were broadcasted in Rio) that won’t be broadcast live :facepalm:. Powerlifting and Wheelchair Fencing are like 2 of the easiest sports to broadcast as well.

10 minutes ago, zob79 said:

Beware not to shoot in your own ass

Well, I won’t be getting my hands on a bow today. I’m also well aware of how to use one properly so as to avoid that scenario.

I’m volunteering at my local Paralympic associations regional games today! :yes.

I’ll be helping with the archery competition. Fun fact: I’ve only ever shot a bow once and I can’t remember it. I do know that it was a recurve bow though.

Special Olympics World Games 2019
Posted
54 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Our medias claiming 6 Gold medals for us so far, in Athletics (W High Jump), Swimming (W 25m Breaststroke and 200m Breaststroke by the same athlete), Rhythmic Gymnastics (Individual All-Around, lol), Tennis (M Singles, lol), Cycling (500m pursuit)

If only Slovenia could as good in those sports in the Olympics 

Posted
1 hour ago, bestmen said:

+ there is no table of medals

Every athletes wins a medal. They give medals for every place in an event. It’s still fun to watch and cheer though

Posted
23 minutes ago, Quasit said:

Weird, they call India "Bharat" and Greece "Hellas" but shouldn't Finland for example be named "Suomi" then? :p

No, that’s just dumb:p

Paralympic Sports Discussion Thread
Posted
43 minutes ago, hckosice said:

Already 3 medals for :SVK after the first events :bounce: Henrieta Farkašová and Marek Kubačka won the vision impaired categories golds in GS and Petra Smaržová finally won bronze, that medal she was so close of in PyeongChang in the standing category

Full results here https://www.paralympic.org/sella-nevea-kranjska-gora-2019/schedule-results/info-live-results/ASFA19/eng/zz/engzz_alpine-skiing-daily-competition-schedule.htm

Marek’s win seemed like a failure of the rounding system to me. Slovakia does have one of the best Paralympic sports programs in the world though. 

How is the culture around disablity in your country?

Posted

Totallympics TV

Its the post Paralympics season of Alpine Skiing, which means it’s time to watch the World Championships. Find all the action Here on our dedicated playlist 

Posted

Totallympics TV

Hey! Europeans! Watch the the best European Para Dancers at the 2018 IPC European Para Dance Championships Here!

Posted
4 hours ago, wumo26 said:

China is the best China... or China's para ice hockey team is better than China's ice hockey team. 

I think they took their hockey team and made it Paralympic, if you catch my drift :p

Posted
3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Jesus, did they cut off some legs to create a para-army or something? :yikes: 

I believe it was also Australia’s first ever match

Asian Para Games 2018
Posted
18 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Opening

So Indonesia’s President is basically James Bond from what I’ve seen at the Asian Games and Para Games

Posted

Totallympics TV

Watch these athletes “raise the bar” (get it) at the 2018 Para-Powerlifting World Championships. Watch here.