website statistics
Summer Paralympic Games 2020
Posted

So far the key to winning matches in team sports has been to not be the 2016 Paralympic Champions :p

:NED beats the :USA 68-58 in group stage of Women’s Wheelchair Basketball.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
1 hour ago, ChandlerMne said:

Slight off topic.

IPC YT channel is livestreaming all the events, just like they did before.

But after some time, those videos arent available. I couldnt find any Beijing 2008 replays and so on up until PyeongChang.

Does anyone know where are all those replays? 

1 hour ago, vinipereira said:

I think they're still available since videos from Rio and London Paralympics keep popping up in my feed. But I don't think they created a playlist, I guess we just have to search for specific events we're interested :dunno:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted

The cauldron is lit! 🔥

What a fantastic start to the 2020 Paralympic Games!

Posted
59 minutes ago, Grassmarket said:

I’m sure we had it in London. Remember being very impressed how the horses distinguished between control & involuntary movements.

In the past, I think Channel 4 has used their own broadcast equipment to show some of the sports not shown by OBS. For instance, they broadcast some of the rowing in Rio when OBS didn’t produce a feed.

Posted

A long list of countries withdrawn or otherwise not attending. This is based off reporting by ITG, which is linked at the bottom of the post.

:BRU:TKM:TLS:PRK have withdrawn due to a government decision.

:MYA:TTO have withdrawn for unclear reasons.

:AND:ANT:LIE:SMR were able to find eligible athletes to fulfill their allotted quota, and thus will not be participating.

:MAC:SUR had athletes that refused to travel, and thus will not be participating.

:DJI:SUD:COM:SEY had their NPCs suspended in 2019, and will thus not be participating.

Source: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1112003/north-korea-tokyo-2020-paralympics

Despite all of that, all the reporting I’ve read suggests there will be 162 NPCs participating in Tokyo, which is only two off the participation record.

Posted

The Paralympic documentary Rising Phoenix is available on YouTube for free throughout the Games. I watched it on Netflix a few days ago and thought it was pretty good. It’s definitely a good appetizer for the Games :d

https://youtu.be/-Wa0Ta1pqu4

Posted

:SAM:TGA:KIR:VAN have withdrawn due to travel difficulties.

Source: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1111900/several-pacific-island-nations-withdraw

Posted
16 hours ago, vinipereira said:

Less than 5 days to go and I'm still waiting for the full daily schedule page :coffee:

It’s available now: https://olympics.com/tokyo-2020/paralympic-games/en/results/all-sports/paralympic-schedule.htm

Posted
12 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Less than 5 days to go and I'm still waiting for the full daily schedule page :coffee:

Right!?!? :hairpull:

I’m pretty sure I’ve refreshed the website about 50 million times today :p

Posted

The IPC has put together a list of broadcasters: https://www.paralympic.org/tokyo-2020/broadcast

Also, while I’m on the topic of 2020 Paralympic Games broadcasts…

More information regarding what will be broadcast this edition has become available, or been confirmed via broadcast schedules. According to broadcast schedules for NBC and FranceTV (and a pre-Covid press release from the IPC), the following sports will be broadcast: Archery, Athletics, Badminton, Boccia, Canoe, Cycling Track, Cycling Road, Equestrian, Football 5-a-side, Goalball, Judo, Rowing, Shooting, Sitting Volleyball, Swimming, Table Tennis, Triathlon, Wheelchair Basketball, Wheelchair Rugby, and Wheelchair Tennis.

It would also appear some sports will have multiple feeds for each/some sessions; those are: Athletics (up to 3 feeds for each session, with the marathons being broadcast as well), Badminton (up to 2 feeds for each session), Judo (feeds for each tatami during the preliminary sessions), Table Tennis (up to 2 feeds for each session), Tennis (up to 2 feeds for each session). 

Posted

It was announced this morning that no spectators* would be allowed into the venues like at the Olympic Games. 

*The door was left open for school programs to take place, meaning that some venues might have a limited number of spectators present if/when allowed. 

23 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Quite a lot in swimming and a few in athletics, but that was five years ago. I honestly have no idea how good the Dutch athletes - and more importantly, to predict well - the non-Dutch athletes are, it's usually too hard to really find good information about all the results (there's not something like World Athletics' top lists as far as I know).

So, anything between 5 and 40 medals, I guess :d 

Toggle the first option to “Annual Recorded Best Performances”: https://www.paralympic.org/athletics/rankings

Likewise for this one: https://www.paralympic.org/swimming/rankings

Official Website 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Programme 114826ez87b86sig8ubgz8.png
Results System 112255r04u4pz70n9mu99d.png
Results Database 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png
Facebook Page 000832qcaljaxz2cfx2jfq.png
Discussion Thread 160706oyh04y5y4bzsnssy.png