website statistics
Pan American Games 2019
Posted

Realistic remaining gold medal chances for Argentina...

2 in swimming (800 & 1500 Free W)

3/4 in pelota

2 in rowing (LW single sculls women & Double sculls men). Could be more if, as konig suggested, some of our rowers didn't take the heats seriously.

2 in hockey 

2 in football (both teams in final)

1 in Judo (48kg)

2 in sailing (RSX men & Lightning)

Except for the women's football all these chances are above 50%. Will this be enough to beat Colombia? We'll see.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 3 minutos, mrv86 dijo:

@LDOG do you know why, in both hockey tournaments, the teams in each semifinal are the same that finished 1-2 in their groups?

They aren't, the official site is wrong.

The truth about any hockey schedule is always here: https://tms.fih.ch

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

Looking at the results site the sailing races have been going on for like 6hs already. They must be doing the fucking Volvo ocean race at this point.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 4 minutos, mrv86 dijo:

You mean hoop right?

No, ball.

She finished 9th in qualifications of ball  (she made two horrible mistakes), so we were talking here that maybe Argentina would take out the other gymnast who qualified 8th to let her participate (since she clearly is much better). Thiago thought they would do it, I thought not due to "respect" for the other girl or something. I was right and I think it must be that our coaches see this competition as just experience for these girls.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 1 minuto, thiago_simoes dijo:

Poor Fainberg was robbed of a medal. Unbelievable.

And she won't compete in the ball final, like I was saying.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 1 minuto, thiago_simoes dijo:

Yes, it's perfectly possible. Argentina did exactly this at the South American Championships this year and Fainberg got a medal. ;)

Ok. 

Poor girl....

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 2 minutos, thiago_simoes dijo:

Argentina can (and should) take D'Arcangelo out of the final so Fainberg can compete.

Is it possible to do that without injury? 

I also imagine it could cause conflict between the girls, I don't think they will make that decision. 

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 1 hora, mrv86 dijo:

Wow Fainberg :ARG :bowdown:

So young, yet she looks very severe. Probably the music selection had some part in it, but she's a rising star.

She just made a disaster in the ball (which is her best) :facepalm: these jinx comments.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

This weekend is so boring... I can't wait for athletics and swimming to start.

Our tv shows surf all day (nobody here cares about it, including me) and preliminary rounds of team sports :rolleyes:

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 34 minutos, Joshi dijo:

Cuban sports has really fallen in the past decade. Is it due to lack of funding in sports institutes? A mass of defections? Or does the country now have other priorities that the state have neglected and are finally given the attention it needed after so many years? Over the years they have massively punched above their weight but now we are just witnessing the decline even more.

Global sport becoming increasingly professional + lack of modern equipment necessary to train properly in many sports + big exodus of not only athletes but also coaches.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 1 minuto, mrv86 dijo:

@LDOG do you know if the US decided to send a mixed A/B team in women's hockey.

I know Mexican goalkeeper is a superhero, but only one goal so after two periods.

No, USA simply is significantly weaker than they used to be. Too many young girls. I don't think it will happen but wouldn't be surprised if they finish 4th in this competition, Chile and Canada are on their same level right now.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 10 minutos, phelps dijo:

only 1 option out of 3 (of course the low quality pictures version)...

and my security suite (Kaspersky) says the software to download for the high quality picture is not safe and blocks it (probably it's a false positive, but still, I'm going to trust my security suite)...

p.s. of course the main TyC feed is only about football (there was Estudiantes vs Aldosivi)...:nopompom:

Tyc sports doesn't have the rights for the football, that's TNT sports, a different channel. Apparently they mixed a stream for that here lol sorry, only the 1st one is tyc main feed and they have the games almost 24/7 (focusing on argentine athletes almost completely though).

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 19 minutos, mrv86 dijo:

Does this work without VPN? http://www.televisionparatodos.tv/tycsports/

It's streaming of the main feed of tyc sports.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted
hace 2 minutos, vinipereira dijo:

I think it's to match the Kyorugi events. But it's really ridiculous considering: 1- they basically give a bronze medal for the 4th best athlete; 2- there are only 6 entries in each Poomsae event, so more than half win a medal.

Real answer: they just want to pump Peru's medal numbers. It's probably the reason we have poomsae at all. I hope it's discontinued in 2023.

Pan American Games 2019
Posted

Top 3 biggest upsets of the day 1 IMO: 

1. Brazil losing a 100% sure gold in canoeing (due to accident).

2. Brazil beating USA in men's rugby 7 and 3x3.

3. Peru doble gold in marathon.