website statistics
Winter Universiade 2021
Posted
3 horas atrás, RobtheAggie disse:

@brunamoura

Is the qualification for the 30k different than other events?

There are two ways to get qualified specifically for the 30km event:

1- by FIS points - the "normal way" - as well as the top athletes do. I am not sure if it is <120 or <100 FIS points for women, but I believe someone here can make it clear for us :)

2- by being Top10 (and not more than 20% behind the winner) in the qualifying race (the race before the Sprint - 5km for women and 10km for men). This is the one I am gonna try.

Winter Youth Olympic Games 2020
Posted
Em 11/01/2020 em 12:16, heywoodu disse:

Looking straight into the rifle isn't the best idea, is it, @brunamoura?

I nearly got a heart attack when I saw her do that in Arber two seasons ago.

So stupid (and dangerous) ?

But I believe it happens so often because, like me, two seasons ago, the athletes are so stressed about the problem in their rifles and trying to solve the problem as quick as possible that they forget about the danger on doing it...

For example, when I did that, I really didn't notice what I was going and how big risk I was taking of shooting myself. Only after the race I realized what I did, when you came to talk to me about your heart attack ?

Sorry ??

Posted
Em 06/01/2020 em 23:47, Olympian1010 disse:

Taynara Da Silva will race both Biathlon and Cross Country @heywoodu. Maybe @brunamoura can give me a good scouting report about her and some of the other “exotic” biathletes?

I don't know exactly what I could write about them. But if you want any specific informations, I think I can help :)

Posted

By the way, CBDN talks about a possible name for Biathlon. I have a suspicious it can be "Thiago Silva" (Duda's boyfriend), but I am not sure about his age ?

If it's him, that would be really cool... A brazilian couple at the YOG, extra motivation to enjoy the event! ?