website statistics
Pan American Games 2027
Posted

The safe choice, I don't think Paraguay is capable of hosting such a big event, Just too much money and infrastructure to build for such small country. A big gap with South American games.

I already said this, PAG won't last long. There's just not enough interest to justify the investment. I see a future with only SAG and CACG standing on this side of the world or maybe PAG survives with some form of multiple country hosting.

I think this will go to Sao Paulo. Read some mentioning Miami since pan am sports is there.

On 10/26/2023 at 9:58 PM, vinipereira said:

Barranquilla confirmed as the 2027 Pan American Games host.

Colombia has failed to pay the first installment to ODEPA. Strong rumors of withdrawal already.  

Some say Paraguay has interest in hosting but I think that's very unrealistic. 

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

Are non Olympic sports getting axed for 2027?

And what about non olympic events (like some classes in sailing or handing out golds for every apparatus is RG)?

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

Meanwhile tyc sports: "why don't we put a big countdown clock and show drunken Boca fans in the beach, that will give us higher ratings than canoeing":banana:

(It probably will actually)

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

It is highly likely that :ARG will win more gold medals tomorrow than what they won in the previous two weeks as a whole.  

The bad part... nobody will pay ANY attention to it because of the stupid Copa Libertadores final. In fact, if Boca Juniors wins it, it's very likely that the only tv broadcaster of these games will focus their programming entirely on the celebrations and skip coverage of most of the finals here :facepalm:we'll have to watch through their shitty app.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
14 minutes ago, hoversaBR said:

We have always been weak in water polo, but our current level is bizarre.

There was an effort for the home olympics but that was it.

It's one of those sports where it's almost pointless to try to break into the elite if you aren't part of it already. 

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

Just found out Chile will play the women's football final without a natural Goalkeeper because the two they had have been called back by their european clubs. They knew Endler was leaving but were confident the substitute would be granted permission to stay but nope.

Incredible mismanagement from the coach. 

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
2 hours ago, konig said:

A GOLD MEDAL FINALLY!!

And in an olimpic sport!!

13 position in the medal table.......that never happen in my worst sport nitghmare.

This was completely predictable given the schedule, what are you saying?

Probably won't win ANY gold until friday (!) and then we're going to be USA in the last 3 days.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

For people who wonder where :ARG

lost those 10 golds...

4 in Rowing: majority of rowers retired due to age.  

4 in Swimming: Bardach (1) and Pignatiello (3) retired, the latter at just 21 years of age.  

1 in TKD: Guzman won silver this time.  

1 in Boxing: Leonela Sanchez retired.  

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
19 minutes ago, Josh said:

At last year’s Women’s and Men’s Field Hockey Pan Am Cup, Chile won silver behind Argentina. 

I think he thought you were talking about Cuba.   

About Chile: I also think they have good chances in Golf.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
3 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

Losing the Beach Volleyball semifinal against a brazilian team that wasn't doing great probably wasn't expected. But fighting for 5th in the medal table is pretty great (of course the schedule probably won't be that favorable for them once track and field starts).

They jammed most of their good sports at the start (I guess to make more hype and get the public to attend), but I still feel like they have come a bit short in terms of wins?

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
55 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

:CAN 0-10 in racquetball gold medal matches at the Pan American Games. 

Argentina 0-6 in the last 3 PAG.  

Maria Jose Vargas lost all finals. 5 of them to Mexico.

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

In Taekwondo they made one of our girls fight a whole round against the wrong opponent. They suspended the bout midway and had to start the men's final early...

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

Lmao only 4 of the 10 biggest markets will have live tv broadcast if I understood correctly.  

I know this is 2023 and there's streaming and bla bla but this just shows the decadence of the event.

I think SA and CAC games have more of a future ahead compared to PAG...

Pan American Games 2023
Posted

My last estimate of gold medal chances for :ARG 

Spoiler

"Safe" golds

-Kayak K-1 1000m M

-Men's Hockey 

-Women's Hockey   

-Basque Pelota Trinquete Doubles M  

-Basque Pelota Trinquete Doubles W

Likely  

-Nacra 17

-Water Ski - women's Wakeboard   

-Men's Rugby Sevens  

50/50  

-Kayak K-2 500m W

-Kayak K-4 500m M  

-Men's Handball  

-Men's Volleyball  

-Tennis men's Singles

-Rowing LW doubles W

-Sailing ILCA 6 

-Water Ski - men's Wakeboard

Outside chances  

-BMX FS Men  

-BMX Race Men   

-Kayak K-2 500m M   

-Women's Racquetball (all events)  

-Taekwondo Men's -58kg  

Unknown to me 

-Figure Roller Skating M & W

Someone else will surely point out if I missed some other good chance for a gold.

I'm pretty sure there'll be at least one gold not listed here but I opted to not list potential big upsets. Overall, I expect between 15 and 22 golds. 

18 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

ah yes well I didn't understand the question! I thought it was personal desires

You understood well, it's just that the title is ambiguous: it says "you will add if your country hosts" (which could be interpreted as if you were personally in charge of the decision) when I think the intention was to say "what sports do you think your country would add if they were to host".

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

There isn’t much government funding for athletes in the US, so I guess we already solved that problem :p

Obviously I meant countries that have no private sector to rely on for funding sport. Basically most countries in the continent. 

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

NOCs really don't want quotas this cycle :facepalm:

I wonder how much of it has with this being at the start of the offseason for many athletes? Plus, the very saturated multi-sports games calendar this year...

Edit: I would be quite sad for the girls. I thought they looked good (relative to the region) at the CAC Games. They aren't a team that will challenge for the podium, but they aren't going to embarrass their nation either.

Post-covid world governments finally realizing that using taxpayer money to fund the 30th best athlete in the americas is pointless. Was about time. 

Pan American Games 2023
Posted
20 minutes ago, Laraja said:

Modern Pentathlon

Boxing

Sport Climbing

Equestrian Dressage

Equestrian Jumping

Equestrian Eventing

Handball

Field Hockey

Shooting

Diving

Water Polo

Surfing

Artistic Swimming

Breaking

Archery

Tennis

Sailing

I think those are the sports which give direct quotas... Please, correct me if I forgot any

So, continental gymnastics qualifier will not take place here as it was said months ago?