website statistics
Auto Racing Discussion Thread
Posted

Ericsson :SWE with a great bit of defensive driving to win the Indy 500 off the final restart.

O’Ward nearly made it an open wheel double for :MEX

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Karate Discussion Thread
Posted

Nice, not everyday you see a medal at international events for :CUW :clap:

A little off topic, but they’ll be sending a delegation to the South American Youth Games. I’m not sure if that means they’re eligible for all ODESUR events, but we might be seeing some more representation for them in the future.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Lacrosse Discussion Thread
Posted

For our European users looking for an event to follow this week…

I have a bit of a personal beef with lacrosse at the moment since my uni team scheduled a match at my ultimate frisbee team’s practice pitch :redcard:

Still, I find it an interesting sport, even if I’m not solid rules.

SkiMo World Cup begins tomorrow. From what I can gather, there should be some livestreaming at this link: https://tv.ismf-ski.org

:CZE:FIN:SUI:SWE have qualified for the 2022 World Games by virtue of finishing in the top 4.

:CAN has qualified as the best Pan American team.

:USA has qualified as the host country.

:SVK:LAT:EST:NOR will compete for the last ticket available at the world championships.

The 8th team will be selected by the IFF from Asia/Oceania.

11 minutes ago, hckošice said:

so:

A)  :JPN - :KOR winner assured of Gold Medal match.

B)  Loser of the match will face :USA

C)  Winner of the match will face the winner of JPN-KOR in the gold Medal Match, loser will face :DOM in the Bonze Medal Match

correct ? 

Yep :thumbup:

1 minute ago, hckošice said:

The briliant brain who invented this system :bowdown:

So yuesey are now in the bronze medal match or they will face the gold medal match loser for qualifying to the gold medal match ?

:USA will face the loser of the semifinal for a spot in the gold medal match. :DOM will play in the bronze medal match.

“Four-times Formula One champion Sebastian Vettel was reprimanded for not removing a t-shirt promoting LGBTQ+ rights ahead of the national anthem at the Hungarian Grand Prix on Sunday.

The German was wearing a rainbow coloured t-shirt with the message "Same Love" on the grid ahead of the start of the race.

Three other drivers -- Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas, Ferrari's Carlos Sainz and Vettel's Aston Martin team mate Lance Stroll -- were also reprimanded for failing to remove their 'We Race As One' t-shirts in time for the national anthem.”

8 hours ago, dcro said:

Well, who says defense wins championships?

As good as it is, it can't compensate for a total lack of offense right off the bat.

:USA pitching wasn’t a strong as it had been for the rest of tournament. I actually thought our offense was better, but :JPN just played a great game.