website statistics
E-Sports Discussion Thread
Posted
14 hours ago, KingOfTheRhinos said:

Anyone watch the MSI finals?

I don’t even know what an MSI is? I think I’m...uh...aging. No, I haven’t, but I’ve noticed that National television (ABC (the US one)) has been showing a weekly 3 hour show of Overwatch League.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, it's almost largely forgotten now. People calling Tiger Woods' Masters win last month as the greatest sporting comeback ever, have NEVER heard about Niki Lauda.

Plus, Lauda seemed (didn’t really to much about him) like a very likable guy...much more than Tiger

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

27 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

He was in poor health ever since the pneumonia / lung transplant last year. It was a bit of a miracle he survived it.

The fact that he survived that crash will always be more of a miracle to me.

Equestrian Center:

FDB16F06-6F46-455D-9EF6-219AD24F0D67.jpeg

Current step up was for Driving (Cones portion)

Edited by Olympian1010

Some pictures of my Olympic Tennis Stadium in Minecraft:

Olympian10101.jpg

Olympian10102.jpg

Olympian10103.png

Olympian10104.png

This is mainly how spend most of my time gaming nowadays. I find building (at least in Minecraft) super relaxing. Plus, it’s fun to go through and engineer your own Olympic venues. This one took about 3/4 hours to build. If you guys like this one, I’ll post some pics of other venues/sports.

Parkour FIG World Cup 2019
Posted

I still feel that Parkour Earth is the proper international body of parkour. FIG is using this, much the same way DanceSport stole breaking to fit their needs. 

Fun fact: Parkour (not freerunning) is a martial art.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I doubt Burkina Faso will defeat the Netherlands or Italy, even defeating South Africa would be a huge victory for them.

Right, but they’ve given themselves a few chances/options this cycle 

2 hours ago, szy123 said:

And the tournament starts with a surprise win from ?? Burkina Faso over ?? Nigeria. Not sure if Sanfo played, but his team won 13-3. So Burkina Faso is almost sure of going to South Africa to play in first ever African Cup.  https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2112965792129904&id=1109158262510667

Well in the span of two weeks, Burkina Faso has gone from very little chances of qualifying to the Olympics in an Sport other than Track or Swimming, to 2 fair chances. Bravo :BUR

1 hour ago, Kirkpatrick said:

Watching recent Universiade got to know this sport, and I grown to quite like it. So, will definitely check World Championship.

I thought it was an interesting sport, especially with GPS pages synced. 

First event tomorrow at 9 am CET, check it out too!

I liked watch orienteering during the World Games for the same reason.

The 2019 Marblympics begin in one month. This year will feature a highly expanded competition that includes new events, teams, and for the first time a comprehensive qualification system.

Hello Totallympians! This is the place where you can discuss your own and other people’s recreations of the Olympics and other related events (I.e Marblympics, Olympic Video Games, Minecraft Olympics).

Boules Discussion Thread
Posted
On 01/08/2017 at 10:46, bestmen said:

if Paris wins the bid and hosts the OG 2024 ,for sure the boules will be in  :clap:

so to help them plzzzz subscribe and vote for  here

d6Pk.jpg

Still feeling good about this prediction? Didn’t age well

36 minutes ago, hckosice said:

World Championship sprint silver in Ski Mountaineering for :SVK:p

53528417_2080031148710661_77003828141511

Another World Championships Medal this year for :SLO

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

@Olympian1010

Do you see or know of any consistency in how the world championships ranking is made in the ice cross?

https://data.atsx.org/Standing/36

For some there are 4 events counting, for others only 3 or even 5, I'm confused :p Also it sucks that the last events are all ATSX250/500 events instead of Crashed Ice (1000) events, so the title is decided in some little event instead of something big.. 

I’m not quite sure how it’s calculated. I knew that only a riders best to ATX 1000 events count towards the rankings (their worst score at 1000 gets dropped). I would imagine it might the same for ATX500/250. I would also imagine that ATX 100 events (National Championships) do not count. Therefore rankings may still be incomplete in some cases, or some riders may just not have the funds to travel all over the world.

American Football Discussion Thread
Posted

That might the lamest Super Bowl I’ve ever watched. I was a giant meh for me. Loved that they killed off the Bud Knight though. 

Posted
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

Even the halftime show is awful, with the negative highlight being a rapping pimp entering the stage in his pimp car with his pimp jacket

My family didn’t like Adam Levine either

Posted
16 minutes ago, wumo26 said:

@Olympian1010 Who are you going to support tonight? I assume you will support the Rams, but you did mention Lions earlier this season, so are you going East? (Please say you are part of the majority who hates the Patriots :pope:. )  

I’ve always had a special place in my heart for the patriots, but now that their Trump’s team I don’t want them to win. I don’t like the Rams either. I would’ve preferred the Saints. I will probably watch the game, just to see the funny commercials and write an article on those for my journalism class.

Posted
1 hour ago, wumo26 said:

It is finally the night...

Hide contents

Where I'm going to sleep while every other person I know will see the Super Bowl, and where I have to avoid reading any news and try not to hear about the result from anyone at university. I hope I can come through the day without any spoilers before I get home to watch the game myself. 

I will edit this post with the winner, don’t look at it :p

Rugby Discussion Thread
Posted
2 hours ago, NaBUru38 said:

Today it's round 1 of the Americas Rugby Championship. It's raining right now in Montevideo, so I'm not sure if I will attend.

Ah come on you only get some many opportunities to see thing, put on those rain boots and enjoy a good day of sport

5 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Since 1987, before that it developed an international game that any sport bar a few could ever dream of. Same with cricket.

World cup/championship is not, nor it should be, the only option when we are talking about international sport.

I agree with that point, but I think it’s definitely ok for bandy to have one.

Men's Bandy FIB Division A World Championship 2019
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, heywoodu said:

You do know rugby union very much has a World Cup? 

I thought it did but @De_Gambassi said otherwise

Edited by Olympian1010