website statistics
1 hour ago, owenp_23 said:

:MEX strikes first! Two runs in the opening frame

I’d let this slide with other users, but you have no excuse for this tomfoolery. This isn’t ten-pin bowling :spank:

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

I think baseball might actually be British in origin

It’s generally held that the sports is derived from rounders, hence @Dragon joke above.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Honestly, a lot of jersey designs this edition leave quite a bit to be desired. :GBR:CAN:ITA are probably the worst three though.

4 minutes ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Panama doubles the lead. 2-0 now. Italy's chances of advancing slowly dwindling

This group will be a bit of mess if :PAN wins this though.

26 minutes ago, owenp_23 said:

Totally. If the qualifying tournaments stay the same where Asia and America is combined. They would have place top two in a group with :BRA:ARG possibly :CUB or :NCA depending on how the pool play goes. Not to mention, :PHI could bring a solid roster to the table if they choose to participate.

It would be fun to see :GUM:PLW:NMI make the tournament since they regularly play baseball. Of course, they just don’t have the talent pool and facilities of other higher ranked countries.

:CZE three outs away from their maiden victory at the WBC. I don’t know who’s more nervous, the fan section in the stadium or me at home :p

7 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Crazy performance by Panama

They looked good with the bat last night. I feel like they’re in better form than some of the more fancied teams at the moment (given this win and their warm-up matches). 

Auto Racing Discussion Thread
Posted
35 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Snow in February is nothing, even in California. It snowed once in Nazareth, PA in April :p

Snow in Fontana, or anywhere in the LA Metropolitan Area south of the San Gabriel Mountains, is pretty rare. 6.5 Celsius is the average low temperature for Fontana in February. 

Men's American Football NFL 2022
Posted

It was real cool to see an athlete I interviewed multiple times last year featured in the NFL’s annual commercial. I can confirm Diana is just as awesome in person (very nice, humble, and a beast on the field).

Men's Baseball MLB 2022
Posted (edited)

I think they’re underselling it at $195 :p

Edited by Olympian1010

1 hour ago, Jinzha said:

I'm fascinated by trail running. I run trails of between 20-30 km every now and then. But then there's people out there running 100 km or even 100 miles in the mountains.

This weekend saw the biggest trail race in the world held in Chamonix, France: the UMTB (Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc). Winners of the 100 mile race around the Mt Blanc were :ESP Killian Jornet and :USA Katie Schide. But honestly anyone that finishes races like that is a winner in my eyes.

You should read into the Barkley Marathons. I enjoy following the race each year.