website statistics
Summer Non-Olympic Sports Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)

:GER are world champions in men’s fistball once again. It’s the fourth consecutive title for them. It also guarantees them a quota for The World Games 2025.

:AUT:SUI:BRA should get quotas as well, but it might depend on continental championships and other events. 

Also, if you get a chance to watch fistball in-person at some point, I highly recommend it. I had a great time at the venue in Birmingham last summer.

Edited by Olympian1010

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Softball Discussion Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, Rafa Maciel said:

:GBR v :USA with the United States booking ticket to next year's finals, and Great Britain to play the winner of second playoff: 

:AUS v :TPE

Fixed it :p

(If I accidentally activate the jinx, you’re welcome I guess 😅)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Lacrosse Discussion Thread
Posted
1 hour ago, Quasit said:

It doesn't develop around the world and there's only the same 4 teams with the same expected result.

Women's ice hockey has more rotation. :d 

It’s not like baseball, cricket, or flag football are much better though. I think those four are the “frontrunners” from what I can discern. 

LA28 has held their cards very close though, so who knows? :dunno:

Lacrosse Discussion Thread
Posted

I thought it was added during The World Games, but apparently it was not :(

Auto Racing Discussion Thread
Posted

I didn’t realize that LMP2 was dropped from the WEC next season. I’m glad to read they’ll still use the class at 24HLM because it has been reliably chaotic and entertaining for a while now. HyperCar definitely breathing some much needed life into top end endurance racing thankfully.

Posted
8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

#7 Toyota out, #8 Toyota leads.

Lots of different leaders today! Definitely not a walk in the park for Toyota this year. Consistency and clean running may ultimately be their friend though.

Posted

This has to be one of the most dramatic and entertaining editions of the 24HLM in a long time…and I’m only following the race via the live thread on motorsport.com :p

Niche motorsport outlet Motortrend has the broadcast rights in the US. The cost isn’t terrible for the race, I just didn’t want to pay a for a month’s subscription for service I likely won’t use after today (gotta save that budget for the other major sporting events this year.)

Posted

The hype is settling in for the 24 Hours of Le Mans. Down to three classes this year, but deep fields in each. Ferrari, Porsche, Peugeot, Cadillac, Toyota, Glickenhaus, and Vanwall with HyperCar entries. NASCAR with a Garage 56 entry. Definitely the most excited I’ve been in a while.

9 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Baseball is not baseball without a bat imo

I suppose you could add a table tennis bat to baseball5…so problem solved :d

1 minute ago, owenp_23 said:

Now they go back to being teammates.:d

Ohtani should put the trophy in the locker room next to Trout’s stall :p

Whelp, time to back to ignoring baseball :p

It’s not personally my cup of tea, but this tournament was undeniably a breath of fresh air for the sport.

Men's Baseball WBSC World Baseball Classic 2023
Posted (edited)

Trea Turner is on fire right now! Another home to give the home team a 12-2 lead! (I forgot to post this at the time. I got to caught up in the game :p)

Edited by Olympian1010