website statistics
Karate Discussion Thread
Posted
On 3/16/2024 at 1:27 PM, Josh said:

:CUW into a bronze medal match? :yikes::cheer:

Not something you see very often. 

He'e guy who had to compete for :ARU after qualifying for the Pan American Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Wild start to the Iditarod sleddog race this year. 

A moose was allegedly punched, and one was definitely shot, killed, and gutted. Unfortunately, the musher who had to kill the moose was assessed a time penalty because race organizers deemed he didn’t gut it correctly.

Link to the full story: https://www.espn.com/espn/story/_/id/39670290/iditarod-musher-gets-penalty-not-properly-gutting-moose-killed

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

It's wild to see 19 entries in the hypercar class of the WEC after living through the LMP1 era. This new era has me very exicted for Le Mans this year.

Also, I’m American and I don’t understand the domestic/international craze for this sport. The prevalence of serious injuries and long game time with intermittent action don’t do it for me. I do see the cultural appeal to many people in the US, so I watch it as a causal fan mostly. 

18 minutes ago, LDOG said:

The weirdest thing I saw was the quarterbacks deciding to simply throw the ball out of bounds and still getting a restart from that?. 

Yes, they use one of their four downs, but they don’t lose field position. Plus, an “incomplete pass” stops the clock from ticking down.

I didn’t vibe with the Halftime show much, but I really liked last year’s, so maybe I expected to much.

19 minutes ago, Josh said:

… well doesn’t look like I’ll be watching the Super Bowl this year :cry::cry:

Taylor will be :p

Do they cut to Swift a little too much or too often? Probably.

Does it ruin my ability to watch the game? Not really. 

People need to chill about the situation.

Auto Racing Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)

Rolex 24 at Daytona is underway. I haven't been following it much, but apparently there's been 6(!) wrecks in the first 1 1/2 hours :zip:

I've always liked this race. I was a huge motorsports fan growing up, and this race always signaled the new year. Unfortunately, I kind of grew out of motorsports once I got into international sports.

Edited by Olympian1010

Ice Cross Discussion Thread
Posted

It has a lot of potential. They just need to find a new top flight sponsor.

Men's American Football NFL 2023
Posted
3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Detroit Lions have clinched the NFC North, their first divisional title since 1993 (when they still played in NFC Central). Their current QB1 Jared Goff wasn't even born yet when that happened ;)

I’ve been a Lions fan since I was six or seven years old. This is a foreign feeling to me as well :p

Men's Baseball MLB 2023
Posted
1 hour ago, Topicmaster1010 said:

Rough last two days for Blue Jay fans.

I thought it was fun when they all tracked that random private jet thinking it was Ohtani :p

Wow, :FIN v. :SWE in the final. Who could have predicted that :p

:POL v. :SVK will determine the final quota place for The World Games 2025.

All four quarterfinals will be direct qualification matches for The World Games. I don’t think an upset is too likely, but it could make things interesting for the last spot.

By the way, this event will serve as a qualification event for the 2025 World Games. Top 5 European teams will get quotas :evil:

Men's American Football NFL 2023
Posted

I went to the Lions v. Chargers game at SOFI Stadium today. It would have been hard to choose a more entertaining game. The atmosphere in the stadium was incredible, and it was very clean for an American venue. 

6 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Oh, so :NED qualified :yikes: 

:cheer: 

:NED:TPE:BEL:CZE:SUR:GER:POR should all be qualified, with one wildcard TBD since :CHN didn’t compete. 

3 hours ago, heywoodu said:

The 12th korfball world championships were played in Taiwan, with all matches played in Taipei I believe. After 11 consecutive :NED - :BEL finals - with Belgium taking a legendary world title in 1991 and the Netherlands winning the other 10 - Belgium was actually knocked out in the semi's this time....by Taiwan :yikes: (which has been the 3rd country for a while already)

Today was the final, Netherlands - Taiwan, in which things went back to normal and the Netherlands took an easy win after a bit of a rough start: 27-11. Belgium finished in 3rd after beating :CZE 26-11.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_IKF_World_Korfball_Championship

This was also the qualification event for the 2025 World Games :d

Baseball Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)

California gets a walk-off home run to win the Little League Series. They beat :CUW in the final.

If I’ve said it a million times, I’ve probably said it a billion times; California is the best state in the Union. All the fake ass states can shove it. (Okay, maybe overboard there, but we don’t get a lot of opportunities to beat other state’s champions in sports.)

Edited by Olympian1010

Men's Baseball MLB 2023
Posted

Trout back on the injured list, and Ohtani with a UCL tear. The Angels might be cursed :zip:

Fun Fact: Ohtani and I might be dealing with identical injuries at the moment (depends on the severity of his tear.)