website statistics
Canada National Thread
Posted
34 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Lol in Rugby 7s :CAN and :ROC were tied in points, point differential and try differential. ROC advances on point scored.

How many heads are going to roll?

See, I told you they had a chance! It almost happened lol

Canada National Thread
Posted

So damn close....

Women's BMX semi was going at the same time as the 100m final and I had the double screen up - solid 3rd place finish for Mechielsen in the first heat 

Canada National Thread
Posted

Very cool watching the women's eight medal ceremony - world feed announcer naming the hometown of most of the athletes as they get their medal. 

Canada National Thread
Posted
Just now, ofan said:

WOW! What a race, that was awesome. I figured the Kiwis would surely catch them after they came out to such a hot start, but that strategy worked. Now onto Penny to try and make it 2.

In other news, Mason and Lovett are both out to hot starts in the high jump..

I jinxed Mason...

Canada National Thread
Posted

WOW! What a race, that was awesome. I figured the Kiwis would surely catch them after they came out to such a hot start, but that strategy worked. Now onto Penny to try and make it 2.

In other news, Mason and Lovett are both out to hot starts in the high jump..

Canada National Thread
Posted

Set my alarm for 5AM this morning to watch the judo final, assuming Klimkait would be in it. Not the awakening I was hoping for lol, but great to see her compose herself and win bronze.

MacNeil's win was awesome, and had me jumping out of my seat. The men's relay team was a treat too - an oh so close fourth place finish in a day full of them. 

Disappointing opening result in women's basketball - we'll really need the win against Spain. 

In good news, Pavan-Paredes look absolutely stellar. I haven't had the chance to watch the Brazilians or the American team yet. 

Looking forward to potentially a couple more medals today...

Canada National Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, NearPup said:

Really didn’t expect Canada to be fourth in the men’s 4x100 free.

Yeah, I couldn't believe my eyes. Sadly, yet another fourth place.

Canada National Thread
Posted

Looking forward to two very likely medals today (fingers crossed), and a huge showdown between Japan and Canada for a shot at the gold in softball. Also excited to see the debut of skateboarding (potential outside shot at a medal?) and surfing. 

As an aside, watching the CBC's daytime show right now and find Perdita Felicien to be very obnoxious. Talking about herself at every opportunity she gets. 

United States National Thread
Posted
3 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I believe they may show the last round of preliminaries, but I’m not sure. That could be for the men.

Hopefully! We don't have a broadcaster in Canada, so it looks like I'll be scouring the web for streams

United States National Thread
Posted
1 minute ago, bmo said:

I know I am quite disappointed.  I saw ESPN will have coverage from 10 am until 4:30 ET.  But the handball match is at 7.

Apparently no handball will be televised until the semis. The Pan Am Games can be rather spotty in terms of televising events

Canada National Thread
Posted
3 hours ago, orangeman said:

Well, our pairs came through.  Does that mean the relay and 10000m are a given now?  :d

Really looking forward to the luge relay since I missed it last time because it was in the middle of the night for me.  It's just after dinner this time around.  

What the heck happened with Homan.  Did not look good this morning, but hopefully she'll recover.  Probably.  

And, yay!  We beat the USA.  It's meaningless in the long run, but still nice.  

I've always thought Homan was a flake. Sadly, I doubt Canada will be winning a gold this year

Canada National Thread
Posted

Wow! Another exciting day, highlighted by Alex Gough making history in winning Canada's first ever luge medal. Truly historic after three 4th place finishes in luge in Sochi. 

The Canadian mixed doubles team dominated from start to finish in the final. Congrats to John Morris and Kaitlyn Lawes for capturing the inaugural gold medal in that event, and dominating throughout the entire competition

In short track, unfortunate to see Marianne DQd at the start, but great to see a medal from Kim Boutin in the women's 500m. She's 4th in the World Cup so it was nice to see her on the podium. And it's only the beginning as she's currently ranked 1st in the 1000m and 3rd in the 1500m. Look out for her as we go forward for more potential short track medals. 

Again, to no surprise the Women's hockey team defeats Finland. Looking forward to the premier matchup against out neighbours to the South on Thursday. 

Tomorrow will be a great chance to catch our breath, as we likely won't see any Canadian medals. There's an outside shot for Walker/Smith in Luge Doubles, but that's about it. On the brighter note our men's curlers start their Gold Medal defense against Italy and Team GB tomorrow. 

Canada National Thread
Posted

A much better day than last. Great to come away with 4 medals, I did not expect that to occur. A little disappointed in no gold in women's moguls, but our girls put on quite a show. 

Tomorrow will almost certainly be our first gold for Mikael Kingsbury, and the figure skating team event looks promising. Will be honest, a little nervous about the curling match against Norway, but I'll be up early watching live to see if we can push through to the finals. 

Canada National Thread
Posted

Kind of a crummy start. Thought Blondin and Hamelin would pull through. 

Great to see the mixed doubles curling team chugging along. Looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully two or three medals in snowboard slopestyle, moguls and (maybe) luge. Not to mention the Canadian women's hockey team gets their campaign underway for gold.