website statistics
On 3/1/2023 at 9:14 AM, justony said:

As some of you already know, on Sunday I went to Planica. I am regular guest of Ski Flying for 25 years, so though I heard, how high they put prices and there is not a lot of home crowd, I decided to visit our treasure in heart of national park.

Luckily I am quite frequent Totallympian, and with that I had an honour to meet in person our star, future Olympian. I know I have already thank you, but once more, @brunamoura, thanks for those five minutes of your time and of course, though I would come to see competitions anyway, thank you for tickets.

Only thing I regret is we did not have time for a bit longer talk, because your story is fascinating, but did not wanna bother your pre race time.

So, @heywoodu, take good care of her, when she comes back home, and when you are next time around (maybe both), do send me a PM, and maybe will grab a coffee.

received_729547058544875.jpeg

Thank you so much @justony😁

I am sorry time was a little too short for a longer talk, but it was really nice to meet you!

Hopefully coming seasons I will be racing in Slovenia again (I love the country!) and we will have time for a coffee and a lot more talking 😁

On 2/18/2023 at 3:04 PM, justony said:

Great, I will try to visit Planica next Sunday, when there is most busy schedule with mixed team SJ, mixed NC and ofcourse CC Team Sprint. 

If I start in the Team Sprint, I may also get 1 or 2 free tickets, so I can give you one for this event. Sadly we get tickets only for the days we are going to compete. But about competing in the Team Sprint, I will decide latest after tomorrow :)

Would anyone here be interested on watching the 5km and Sprint races (perhaps also the Team Sprint)? Someone who lives here in Slovenia, for example?

I will get two tickets for free (still need to confirm if two per event which I will start or two in total for these events) and I would be glad to give it away :)

3 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Really hope she can test negative and be ready for the Olympics and achieve her goals.

Get well soon @brunamoura :yes

(Totallympics right now)

Reveal hidden contents

This hidden content made my day 😄❤️🙏🏻 thank you for your wishes!

43 minutes ago, dcro said:

Looks like FIS read this and deported him out of Lebanon.

Seriously though, why travel all the way to Lebanon and then leave before the race program is over? :lol:

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/results.html?sectorcode=CC&raceid=39569

Some serious shit is happening there... 🤫😬

8 minutes ago, dcro said:

How does that even work? Isn't Bruna registered independently (like Picin was in Finland/Lithuania)?

I am!!!

The problem is that the race director here said that CBDN did not send the entry form for our athletes and deadline was Sunday night because on Monday morning she would send everything to FIS. But, as I was here early Monday before she sends the entry, she allowed to sign for myself and this way I could compete. I swear I asked to sign for others, at least for Jaque as she was already on her way and as Duda and Mika were in Zakopane with Caio and it was not sure they would come, Jaque was priority because she was already in the plane to Serbia. But I was not allowed, I kept asking but I was told I could sign just for myself. I contact CBDN right away to try to get the forms on time before the race director closes it, but it was still pretty early in Brazil, so I got an answer when it was already too late. I called them to explain the situation and the guy said that he sent the entries on 4 January. But, the race director said she did not get anything and now it was too late. Now, everyone is blaming on me, saying that I should have registered everyone. But I tried! And now I was told that if nobody can compete, I can't either.

I am devastated... This can be deciding for the ticket and it's unfair if I lose the ticket in the last moment for a mistake that was not mine after all the effort to come her alone because the team's coach had decide he would no come for distance races as the other athlete needed sprint races. I had to choose between going to Zakopane with them or coming to Serbia alone. I even considered going to Zakopane just for the sprint race and then coming by flight for the races here in Zlatibor, but it would not work with times and I would depend on luck to make it on time for Serbia so as distance races were more important for me when balancing both, I decided to come to Serbia. And of course as soon as I made it to Serbia the head coach decided to do this crazy trip right after sprint in Zakopane and come on time for the races here. If it was his plan before I would have join them, but it was not (of course, distance races are advantage for me, not so much for them) and now they come with that "if nobody can start, also Bruna can't".

Point is that Duda just had a sprint good enough to overtake me in the ranking and now I need the distance races, but most likely I won't be allowed to start here anymore because of this decision, meaning she has a good advantage on me and my only chance will be if I make it to Switzerland in the weekend, having good races there (ah yeah, and going all the way alone again because I am not part of the team!).

We are going to have a great fight, I go through laws if I can not race or even if I race they do not count my points!

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Mind you, this sort of strategy has already been applied by other nations in the past.

Swedish NOC famously declined to send Majorov in the men's single skating for Pyeongchang, because he already competed in Sochi and was not top-8 material in 2018. They literally chose to have nobody instead of someone who could place 15th or so.

Meanwhile, they did send a weaker female skater because and only because it was to be her Olympic debut.

One strong point that really does not help Ceci is that the coach of the young girls has a huge involvement with FASA and one of her athletes going to the Olympics means that she can finally make her debut in the Olympics too (as a coach), which won't happen if Ceci goes. I like this coach, but seeing this happening for personal benefits, this is so unfair with Ceci that makes me 🤢

45 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Maria Cecilia Dominguez of Argentina got an amazing 110 points in Turkey today. Argentina has one female ticket and the deciding criteria was easy: the one with the best FIS points - all races count, including rollerskiing and 'obscure' races - goes to the Olympics. Alright, clear enough and with a second or so to spare in the last rollerskiing race in Brazil, Dominguez moved up to first:

2wbL9Im.png

So today's 110 improved her points to 124 or so. Hooooooowever.....now all of a sudden, criteria have changed: Dominguez has been told she will need to get the A criteria (under 100 points, near-impossible) in order to be sent by the Argentinian federation (FASA). If she doesn't, whoever is in second place will be sent to the Olympics (A criteria or not).

It's basically like saying "runner A, you need to run the marathon in 2:10 to qualify, but runner B, you can go as long as runner A doesn't get that time and you have a time of 3:00 or so". It's...insane.

I've seen plenty unfair situations with federations. But this one is on top of a ridiculous ranking. She is the only Argentinian paying full costs in the fight for the ticket. Zero support (and it's not like a season is cheap ☝🏻). THAT without mentioning that she was the only Argentinian trying to get an Olympic quota for her country in the previous World Championship. No one else wanted to go to Oberstdorf. She did it! Only Argentinian, without any support, and still good enough to stay under 300 points by 2 seconds or so and get a quota to have someone representing her country at the Olympics. And now, this bulshit from FASA all because this federation wants to send someone younger at any costs. If the youngest girls were better than her, fine! BUT THEY ARE NOT!

33 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Can not find anyhing precise exactly about the Engadin stage, but according to FIS rules, every athlete who finished the previous race is allowed to enter the next pursuit race, with in order to prevent too large start time dfferences, the Jury can decide upon the use of the "wave start".

Thank you!

I found that too, but was still wondering what was that about the limit of FIS points that someone told me. Anyhow, if there is anything, we will get to know latest on Saturday ??‍♀️?

Please, does anyone here know what the rules are to qualify for the pursuit race in the World Cup?

I've heard that we have to get under a certain (and still unknown) number of FIS points. But no one in the federation seems to know anything about it.

On the email from FIS, it says that in Engadin we will have a Mass start with a 3x 3.3km lap and overlapped athletes will also not be able to start in the Pursuit race.

2 hours ago, Grassmarket said:

Congratulations on all your hard work & training over the years.  Sometimes sport is cruel because no matter how hard you work you can meet something you have never seen before on the day when it matters most.  But I am sure that no,matter how disappointed you are now, your determination will make you better in the long run.

:thankyou:

?? Thank you!!!

Unfortunately I feel like that... I worked so hard and here I got surprised with every detail about this track - and it's not like I haven't been studying this track since long ago because @heywoodu witnessed how much I did. We even made specific trainings for that to kind of simulate the intensity on the uphills. Damn it, we did everything to make sure I would be familiar with the track, but once I had the first experience here that was shocking ???‍♀️ never seen so steep uphills and so dangerous downhills and that kind of snow all in the same track! I was shocked and having a hard fall already in the first day here did not help. Waste of all the work... that's how it feels for me. But ok, shit happens and it changes nothing in my plans to get qualified for the Olympics. I will keep working and do everything I need to reach it.

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

I know you did, was just joking. the camera stopped the moment you ran towards her. and yes was a cool moment, I mean that neverending BRA-ARG hug on the finish line :d

Anyway, congrats for the good race(s), was pleasure to follow and cheer for you, thanks to our latewoodu to introduce you to the Totallympian community. Would be great to see you and support you also in Beijing :)

Thank you very much!! ?

I am really sorry I couldn't "delivery" the results I was wishing for. I worked so hard for that and I know I can do much better than I did here. What I did here was ridiculous, I simply messed up. 1 year away from my skis, preparing only on rollerskis, without really working on downhills and uphills due to the beautiful Caraguá being a flat city, followed by just one week on snow before the world championships wasn't helpful in terms of technique. I was strong enough to fight until I blow up, but in terms of technique that was terrible. I am a beginner on the downhills. Nothing compared to how strong I am. Honestly, I am ashamed of myself and all in short: I learned a lot from this. Now, focus on fixing the details and you can be sure that I will not stop fighting. I have 11 months to work on the details and earn the Olympic ticket and I will do my best, no matter the costs, to be in Beijing next year.

23 hours ago, hckošice said:

Bruna hugging all around on the finish line with Dominguez, not so much with Mourao :d

I did, when she stopped at the end of the finish area. But the camera didn't show that. And yes, I was specifically waiting for Ceci because we are always supporting each other despite of our races against each other in South America

5 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Jaque Mourão, Mika Picin and of course our @brunamoura are the women's representatives. I'd highly suggest taking a look at Mourão's Instagram for a video of the course, where she shows how deep and soft the snow is (and that's not even close to the worst part)! I'm hoping for all of them to have good results, it's the only chance to possibly get Brazil two tickets for the women or at least have a shot at it. They might not at all be the favourite for it, but if they all fight hard and maybe have a bit of luck, it might be possible.

Didn't hear much about it for a little bit now, but a few weeks ago the plan was definitely for Brazil to enter a men's relay, yes! It'd be a rather international one, with the four members all being based in different countries: Victor Santos (Brazil), Matheus Vasconcellos (Austria), Steve Hiestand (Switzerland) and Manex Silva (Spain), with the latter being by far the leader of the team in terms of results, especially this season he's breaking Brazilian records left and right (although the federation sadly didn't really mention that).

As far as I know the women are scheduled to be in the team sprint as well, which would normally be Jaque and Bruna together. I forgot who are supposed to be in the men's team sprint, but I remember saying I'd go for Steve and Manex and hearing that was probably not going to be the team. I guess Victor and Matheus?

Victor and Manex, I would say. But I believe a lot can happens in the first two races so changes are not going to be surprising.

On 15/02/2021 at 11:32, heywoodu said:

On the bright side, technique will become less important and power/endurance more important if the tracks get so bad :p 

Something which I personally find not a bad thing at all. As long as there's enough snow to race of course, let's hope so.

Better chances then! ???

On 15/02/2021 at 11:04, heywoodu said:

This seems...slightly worrying for next week's world championships..

image.png

Snow here in Baldershwang, only 20km away from Oberstdorf, was today already pretty different than yesterday... the warm weather started melting the track. Luckily we still have a lot of snow, so skiing probably won't be a problem for a while. But the track feels heavier... Oberstdorf is lower, so probably warmer. It's gonna be interesting to race if the weather keeps going this way ??