website statistics
Biathlon IBU World Cup 2020 - 2021
Posted
On 05/12/2020 at 11:39, heywoodu said:

Irene Lardschneider in the front of the race, nightmare flashbacks for @brunamoura who was used as a bowling pin by the crashing Lardschneider in Martell last season.

Actually, it was in Obertilliach ?

But at least I can say that I paid it back later by beating her in a crazy sprint on the hardest uphill of Martell's track, in last lap of my very last Biathlon race (in front of many coaches that were getting crazy and yelling a lot by seeing her being beaten by a brazilian up there ?)

*Just up there. Of course she overtook me on the downhill right after. But anyway, the uphill battle was a magic moment ??

9 horas atrás, Olympian1010 disse:

Can’t believe @brunamoura didn’t make the list. I can’t think of a bigger biathlon star (at least on the forum)...

That's kind of you ?

But I can imagine that my name isn't there for two reasons:

1- no World Cups for me yet;

2- my federation didn't take my name off IBU's system yet so, for IBU, I am still an active athlete. CBDN wants me to do some races for them next season even if my focus is on cross country from now on because every start of mine will give them money and equipments from IBU. First they put only one stage in my schedule (Orsblie), as I don't want to do Biathlon next season for "x" reasons, we were negotiation to remove it (maybe I would have no choice, otherwise they wouldn't support me for the cross country season) but a few days later they also added the Open Europeu in my schedule! I already said that I am not going to start, but still they didn't remove it. There will be a meeting at CBDN next week to talk about the next season and its needed changes due to coronavirus and after that someone will call me so we can talk about my schedule.

5 horas atrás, RobtheAggie disse:

Maybe Birkeland can find a grandparent from another country so he could switch.  We would take him here in the US.

Back to the 1200 shots a day.  Is it a finances thing that Sweden can/is doing this and others do not?  Or is it a methodology.  Just wondering. 

Every nation/federation gets a list of equipments, clothes and an amount of money from IBU according to the position of the country in the Nations ranking. The highest the country is in this ranking, the more it gets. That includes boxes of ammunitions. Brazil gets around 10.000 ammunitions every season, so we can imagine Sweden gets a lot more (just like Germany, Norway, Italy...). Apart from the boxes of ammunition, the swedish federation (as well as the other high level national federations as from the countries mentioned above) gets good money from its sponsors and IBU, which provides the possibility to afford a very good structure to its athletes (meaning, they can buy as many amnunitions as they need). Apart from being financially able to provide this to the athletes, the swedish federation is very serious when it's about methodology of trainings. I remember when Brazilian federation and swedish federation had a partnership, we could train with them and that was our best period - many shots per day, very specific shooting trainings...

So, we can say that the swedish federation plays hard and with great focus, giving their athletes, in all possible ways, all the structure that they need. 

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread
Posted (edited)
2 horas atrás, RobtheAggie disse:

That really puts it into perspective.  Looks like there are a few someones in Sweden who really want her to succeed.  How long would 1200 shots take?

If she is training 6 days a week (which most of the athletes do), then it means an average of 200 shots a day, meaning she stops at the shooting range about 40x per training ? (or possibly she is training twice a day, which is more likely, and that give us an average of 2x 20x per day)

My God, that's really, reeeeally a lot! My former Biathlon coach used to let us shoot an average of 8x per training (within ≤1h30min), only once a day. She does in one single training what I was allowed to do in 5! That sounds like a dream! ?

If she doesn't blow up (shooting is fun, but can make your mind very tired as well), no doubt she will bring biathlon to a next, very interesting, level.

Edited by brunamoura

13 horas atrás, Swewi disse:

Stina Nilsson is now part of the national team in Sweden. She is shooting 1200 shots per week, of course she needed to practice more than her experienced opponents and is according to her coach shooting around 80% in practice with high pulse. 

That's more than what I used to shoot per season! ??

*I was keeping a track of that and the total for trainings + zeroings + races per season, was under 1.000 ? 

Biathlon 2019 - 2020 Discussion Thread
Posted
Em 17/12/2019 em 16:56, hckosice disse:

looking for an idea for a christmas gift :d a unique collection of children's clothing with the motive of the future biathlete. It´s written " when I grow up I will be a biathlete "

https://www.cycling-info.sk/shop/108-buduci-biatlonistatka

Mostrar conteúdo oculto

@heywoodu @brunamoura obviously I had to mention you :whistle:

For sure we will have one ?

Biathlon IBU Cup 2019 - 2020
Posted

Thanks @Olympian1010! ☺️ It's a shame you couldn't watch the live streaming.

About my race, you lost nothing. It was a shit day ?

Misses were gotten by stupid mistakes (good position, wrong timing: on prone, first miss was like 1cm away; second miss was on the edge. On standing, both misses away (shot faster than I should) and all hits on the prone target) and, skiing with 4kg on my back is something I need to get used again. I had power to go faster, but no technique by easily losing balance for being not used to race with the rifle on my back, so I felt stuck on the track. Saturday is gonna be another experience and I hope in Obertilliach I am already used to that again.

Thanks to everyone who was cheering :yes

Posted
2 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

Croatia paired with Brazil on the shooting range today and Australia with Lithuania instead of Brazil with Australia, that's different :d Boatload of countries in Ridnaun!

https://ibu.blob.core.windows.net/docs/1920/BT/SIBU/CP02/SWSQ/BT_C45C2_1.0.pdf

It's because Mika (Mirlene) is here to compete as well, but not as "brazilian team" (which is managed by Luca). So, the preference was to Mika and Bourguignon and for me there was the option for Australians or Spanish lines. I shot on Spanish, also did Jill (because Luca's choice) ?

Posted
14 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

Sounds like something they should make available to the athletes, it's the single most important document in biathlon if you're not from one of the big (top-20 in the World Cup) nations.

It keeps in secret. We athletes can't have access

Biathlon IBU Junior Cup 2019 - 2020
Posted (edited)
Em 09/12/2019 em 18:12, heywoodu disse:

At least Taynara da Silva will represent Brazil in Pokjluka, making her IBU debut.

https://www.fis-ski.com/DB/general/athlete-biography.html?sectorcode=cc&competitorid=223093

Not sure if there's going to be anyone else, but I'm sure @brunamoura can fill us in on that (and potential Australians and New Zealanders going there).

Australia: Christian Mahon, David Paterson and Lulu Miskin (maybe also Isabela Moon)

New Zealand: Campbell (I forgot his surname ?)

*JonteTresure was supposed to race there. But he broke his hand two days ago and after surgery was sent back to Australia today. We all are very sorry for him, he was excited about going to YOG but it's not possible anymore. We really hope he can recover fast and without any problems ?

Edited by brunamoura

Posted
Em 09/12/2019 em 17:59, heywoodu disse:

Team Brazil: @brunamoura

Team Australia: Jeremy Flanagan, depending on his injury I guess

*Team Brazil: me, Mirlene Picin and Bourguignon.

Team Australia: Jeremy Flanagan (he is feeling better and wants to start) and Jill (Jill won't take part in the Super Sprint, but only in the Sprint race - right after the Sprint in the World Cup).

**Also, team Argentina: Cecilia and Mori (her husband)

***Team Ireland: Brian

****Team Spain: Roberto Piqueras

Posted (edited)
Em 01/12/2019 em 12:10, heywoodu disse:

Yes, that's the kind of list I want so badly because it's important, but IBU says no..

I think I've once seen it's not behind that login wall, but am not entirely sure.

Yes, it's behind that login wall ? we athletes have no access to that, but the federations do.

Edited by brunamoura

Biathlon IBU World Cup 2019 - 2020
Posted
2 horas atrás, heywoodu disse:

A quick Google shows that she did her school in Austria and she specifically says her mom is Austrian, which leads one to believe her dad is not (so, probably German) :p She has dual nationality, but decided to compete for Germany. The way she's going I doubt she'll compete in the IBU Cup anytime soon, which makes it harder to ask her, but just in case she does and it's one I'm not going to, a reminder for @brunamoura to ask her about it if she happens to see her :) 

Deal ?