website statistics
hace 37 minutos, CCB said:

Dutch media confirm that FIVB has given Italy the right to host pool F. Really don't know why Netherlands may not host this pool. Netherlands is the higher ranked team at both the World as European ranking.

But FIVB decides.

FIVB sucks. 

I read that you have to pay like half a million dollars to host this OQTs. This system is all a scheme from FIVB to collect money from all the rich federations around the world. 

I wouldn't be surprised if for example Thailand hosts instead of Serbia or in men's if China hosts instead of Canada and Argentina.  

The system per se is pretty fair, European fans will likely still complain but this group distribution that is bad for them is due to (in great part) pure luck.  

Or maybe FIVB planned to make 6 groups because they knew beforehand the ranking distribution would be like this?...:mumble:

hace 2 horas, CCB said:

Japan really strong today against Argentina. Don't think Netherlands will have a real chance against Japan.

Our team is no measure. It's the weakest Argentina in 5 years and the coach is a senile old man that left home one of our only 2 good players because she criticized him.

Netherlands will win easily, mark my words ;)

Ahora, DaniSRB said:

well, i remember few years ago Croatia has to beat Poland who was the host +10 or so in handball and they actually managed it, that was also impossible on paper but they fought

That is one in a lifetime happening, like psg-barcelona in football. Normally it doesn't happen.

hace 1 minuto, DaniSRB said:

maybe we all underestimated Poland

this coach managed to bring Belgium last year to EC semi finals

It's impossible to say. This match isn't completely serious either, you don't play the same as every day knowing you can't make any mistake from start to finish, like Italy had to.

hace 1 minuto, thepharoah said:

IMO it should have been 4 teams advancing directly to Semis , even in 2nd Rd we saw this kind of matches on last day 

Probably FIVB would say "we needed more matches" or something. With quarterfinals they had no excuse, they only lose 2 matches and it was 200% more fair for everyone. 

hace 2 horas, OlympicsFan said:

Still amazed that Germany wasnt able to qualify for this considering how many garbage teams managed to qualify. With a decent format this world cup would last 2 weeks at most and the teams could even get some rest in between games.

You didn't qualify because Grozer didn't play the qualifiers vs Belgium and Germany is very weak whenever he doesn't play.