website statistics
Justo ahora, NearPup dijo:

I don't get why Bulgaria is so sloppy on service reception. They gifted two aces to Brazil in this final set.

Reception is the historic weak point of Bulgaria, it's always the main thing preventing them to be in top places. 

Justo ahora, Olympian1010 dijo:

Well slavery wasn’t thought of as racist in my country at one point, but that doesn’t make it right obviously. I can understand the ignorance argument in countries where communication access is limited, but these are first world countries we are talking about. Also, I’m pretty positive Japanese citizens wouldn’t feel all that honored by the “Asian Eye gesture”.

I don't think it's about communication access, it's just that some countries are less sensitive to racial issues due to demographic or cultural reasons. Russia and Serbia aren't exactly a melting pot of races in the way the US or western Europe are currently (yes, I know that Russia is huge but most of the players are ethnic russians). The more contact you have with people from other races, the more sensitive to these issues you are.

I'm not sure he was mocking Korea, it could be a reference to them going to Tokyo. Still racist, but a bit less insulting.

Some of the players of our handball team made the same gesture the other day while on the podium. In some countries, in particular those that don't have a significant asian population in them, that gesture isn't really thought as offensive (It's wrong, but I'm trying to give some context).

Volleyball 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted
Justo ahora, thepharoah dijo:

Historic victory for Peru over China in women's junior volleyball WCH

It's not historic lol, Perú has beaten China many times in the past in different categories.

This Chinese generation seems to be very weak, they lost all friendlies last week and also did very poor in the u18 two years ago. I predict the second place of this pool will finish 8th in overall rankings.

Something hilarious: FIVB announced that Iran is the 1st team qualified for the final 6 but they actually are NOT qualified yet. FIVB is wrong.

Today Iran played France with almost all substitutes and lost 3-0 :lol: someone tell them before it's too late.

Volleyball 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted
hace 18 minutos, NaBUru38 dijo:

More fuel for conspiracy theories

And they will keep their advantage over Peru and Colombia as long as they keep getting invitations to points-rich tournaments.

Colombia and Perú keep losing to Argentina in all the relevant matches (The qualifications for OG and WCh). Those are the only serious matches, in which the teams play with all their best players. The big ranking points are also in those two tournaments, not in pan am cup, grand prix, whatever. That doesn't matter.

If Colombia and Perú want to prove they worth, they should do in the upcoming south american olympic qualifiers. If they lose again... they deserve to be there.

hace 3 minutos, VolleyRuller96 dijo:

4 Losses already, not a good sign :( We probably won't qualify for the Final 6, then again , the Olympic Qualifiers and European Championship are much more important.

In fact, it's better. Look at last few years with France and Russia wasting energy in this meaningless tournament then underperforming in serious stuff.

hace 7 minutos, VolleyRuller96 dijo:

Another upset for Bulgaria as they easily lost 0:3 against China :( 

China was sneaky a programed this match first as they knew Bulgaria was traveling from Argentina, exactly on the other side of the globe. Same with Japan with our team, they arrived yesterday and looked dead today on court.

Poland is looking great.

The final european olympic qualifications will be crazy. Russia really had luck to get the group they got, otherwise I think they would be fighting with the rest of the pack.  

Only Serbia and Italy are a level above.

This tournament is a complete joke. Not just because of the b teams, but mostly because everyone plays like they don't give two shits. 

Nothing really matters, this doesn't qualify for anything, it's just a bother amid preparation for the real qualifiers which are in 2 months, ranking points are laughable, it's 15 games just to make the finals, the main leagues finished like 2 days ago...

I miss the old World League of the 90s/early 00s :cry: almost all teams cared, B teams were rare and the title had prestige.