website statistics
2 minutes ago, hckošice said:

How you read De Cecco ? "Dé Czecho" ? :d

and obviously I do not know the players, but having a player literally named Loser must be something :d

mmm if I had to write it in english it would be something like "the check-oh"

haha we have a funny guy in our tv that narrates all the games of the team and when Loser scores a great point he sometimes says "why do they call him loser? he's a winner!" (he says winner in english) :lol: this guy has many other catch phrases like that when he's narrating games, really wholesome fellow.

hace 4 horas, bmo dijo:

The pools are officially finalized for Tokyo 2020

Pool B is definitely stronger. I could see every team but Turkey going through. Pool A should have 4 easy qualifiers with Japan, Serbia, Brazil and Korea.

Don't be offended but your take is bad :d

Our team has literally no chance. Winning even a set would be an achievement. Turkey and Russia will fight for 4th place there.

In the other pool DR is at least equal to Korea and maybe Japan as well (though I think they will rise their level for this tournament). Serbia will win the pool easily and Brazil should be 2nd.

Edited by LDOG

hace 18 minutos, intoronto dijo:

Wow group B on paper looks much stronger.

Yeah, the bad performance at the world cup last year actually helped Canada avoid this group.

I was hoping that Cuba would win yesterday just so France would move to the other side. I was really mad when they collapsed :lol:

When they gather all their best players and train a little they are better than Chile. 

Chile scheduled this match on the first day on purpose because they thought they would arrive unprepared like always, but this time they played several friendlies with Cuba. 

hace 10 minutos, OlympicsFan dijo:

I have no clue about volleyball but i think that is too easy of an explanation. Didn't he also play at the 2016 olympics where Germany didn't do anything? He would have to be by far the best player in the world to turn a bad team into a medal contender. I think it is more likely that Germany has had some great coaches recently (Heynen, Giani).

Yes, but they barely lost in the 5th set of the final match to Poland IIRC. 

The difference in performance when he is in vs when he doesn't is atonishing. He played European championship 2017 and Germany won a medal out of nowhere. Then he didn't play WCh qualification and Germany failed to qualify. Last euro in 2019 he didn't play and Germany even lost to teams like Spain... 

All of this coached by Giani.

Edited by LDOG

hace 7 minutos, OlympicsFan dijo:

Very unexpected win. I didn't follow this tournament so far, because i didn't think that Germany had a chance, but maybe i will watch the final. I thought that Germany has been on a downward trajectory the last couple of years thanks to all the best players being too old, but apprently the home advantage has helped this team a lot. I am a bit surprised that France didn't look too convincing so far, weren't they one of the best teams in the world just a couple of years ago?

Only one player matters in german team: Grozer.

When he plays Germany wins medals in World and european championships. When he doesn't play, Germany doesn't even qualify to anything. Probably the team most dependant on a single player in the world.

hace 56 minutos, Fly_like_a_don dijo:

Don't know about the others, :AUS may qualify from Asia/Oceania. I'm sure Iran will fail to qualify this time around. :p

Iran will easily qualify, believe me, I've watched these teams too much. Australia can't do anything to them unless they allow it. 

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Cup 2019
Posted (edited)
hace 31 minutos, MHSN dijo:

check this. I assume you guys you have to re calculate things if you counted everything based on the previous system

http://www.fivb.org/en/volleyball/Rankings.asp

Iran cant drop indeed.

The situation for Italy and Canada remains as we said. They can fall behind Russia and Argentina respectively.

Also, I wonder when we get rid of those silly World league points. Canada and France have huge points from that.

Edited by LDOG

Men's Volleyball FIVB World Cup 2019
Posted
Justo ahora, Dunadan dijo:

Only if they are really sure to be stronger...otherwise they can end up like France in Rio.

Yes, IMO only Brazil, Poland or USA can think like that.

The rest have to take it game by game, even Italy or Russia who are normally considered big teams.