website statistics
Tennis US Open 2019
Posted

What a tramendous final :bowdown: Medved - better luck next time, I hope you'll win next time, you really deserve it!

I knew he was going to do great things after seeing him play against Novak in DC two and a half years ago, but man, I never expected him to almost 'steal' victory from Nadal in a GS final. What a character he is + his game is really easy on the eye. I think I definitely have a new favorite player on the ATP side :d 

#19 for Nadal... Who could've guessed? He's a fucking legend.

Tennis US Open 2019
Posted
Just now, Monzanator said:

Not a single doubles speciallist here allthough Barty cut her teeth with Dellacqua before and Azarenka has won a mixed GS IIRC.

Well, all of them are good in both singles and doubles. It's been a while since we had top players playing doubles regularly :d 

Tennis US Open 2019
Posted
Just now, Wanderer said:

IF, IF Schwartzman wins, this would be first slam after... Roland Garros 2004 where none of Federer/Djokovic/Nadal names won't be heard in the semifinals. The year I started high school and now I am starting my thirties :d 

Both of us know that Diego has nothing to hurt Nadal :p

Tennis US Open 2019
Posted
14 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

I only hope she doesn't go Kanepi's route, she does look fragile. 

TBH, she isn't that fit either, there's a lot of room for improvement in that respect.

Tennis US Open 2019
Posted
Just now, Wanderer said:

Yes, almost three years already and she is now playing for her second GS SF ever :p  But I do agree, she somehow managed to have decent Slam results this year. I believe she can beat Konta as well (I think she is 4-0 or 5-0 against her) but that's the end. Serena is making another final. I wish Bianca or Osaka can be up to the task (again). 

I don't trust Bianca's body, unfortunately it can fall apart at any time :(

Tennis US Open 2019
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

On the other hand, Keys being unable to create a single break point... Svitolina isn't Karlovic.

In men's tennis, no other than big 3 is able to win a Slam, in women's tennis meanwhile, so-called "top-players" are unable to reach QF, let alone win a slam and back-up some recent results. 

I hope Andreescu stays healthy. That girl has big game!

Elina's top player too :p And she's had great results in Slams this year for a change. OTOH Keys will always be Keys, her game is naturally inconsistent, even though I hoped she'd go further this year

Edited by Майкл

Tennis US Open 2019
Posted
3 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I thought French crowd is low-class, but they seem like a gentlemen compared to this. To boo defending champion and one of the best players in history is really classless. I thought they would be happy, Federer has clear path to the final now, and probably title.

Well, Novak has history with NYC crowd. No wonder sth like this happened.

Tennis at the African Games 2019
Posted
8 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Yeah she delivered some really good results recently,  she didn't surprise me with this gold,  off things would have been different if Ons was taking part 

Ons is too busy trying to reach 2nd week of a Slam haha, she shouldn't have problems qualifying through rankings

Tennis at the African Games 2019
Posted
5 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Quotas went for both Egyptians Mohamed Safwat and Mayar Sherif , 1st time in history Egypt will be represented in Olympic Tennis 

Just checked out Sherif's recent results and I'm more than surprised, she seems to be on the role, if she keeps this kind of form up she'll make it into the AO qualies :yes 

Congrats, btw!