website statistics
1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

But GB is sure it's them, and even in the Netherlands (which is nonsense of course) people are saying the same :lol: 

4th places and near-misses are somehow always remembered more than successes, it seems.

Absolutely, they are the most painful!

Would love to see an analysis post-Games on which country had the most "close calls"

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

None of the Canadian swimmers look their best except Mac Neil and perhaps Oleksiak. 7 medals is amazing considering that.

We only won 6. I don't know why Wikipedia says 7

EDIT: disregard, Masse makes it 7

Edited by ofan

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

I read their father originates from Buffalo but maybe it's Pittsburgh. Western New York, Pennsylvania and obviously Chicago are the biggest Polish communities in the US ;)

Ah yes. I misunderstood. That is very possible. By coincidence, Jamie Oleksiak used to play for the Pittsburgh Penguins, so that's what I was referencing. 

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

We also adopted Penny Oleksiak during the Rio Games :evil:  It's still questionable whether she's more Polish or Ukrainian tbh but her hockey player brother was supposed to be more Polish since coming from Buffalo :p

I think you mean Pittsburgh :d . They have a massive Polish community, and the city is famous for its pierogis

4 minutes ago, orangeman said:

The disparity between our men and women is crazy now.  Only one man has even made a SF so far, and I don't see that changing.  Meanwhile our women are going to double the best medal count Canada has ever gotten all by themselves.  

Pratt's backstroke leg was super strong. Hopefully he can do something in the 200m backstroke tomorrow :dunno:. Him and Thormeyer are both competing