website statistics
hace 17 minutos, JoshMartini007 said:

Worlds take priority over continental spots, if someone is qualified the spots move down one. Of course this format is unfair as it gives 7th place in the Worlds a better chance of qualifying over the 4th/5th places, not sure why they wouldn't continue the snake pattern and place the best non-qualified European team in Tournament 1.

This is good for our team I guess? If we have our complete team I rate our chances even if we go against Hungary or Iceland.

hace 34 minutos, thepharoah said:

so if we lose the next african championship in Tunisia we'll have Asian and Americas 2nd place in the Olympic qualification much better ofc than having 2 European teams 

How do you know this? Is that information released? 

hace 12 minutos, thepharoah said:

if Qatar defeats Argentina , they will reach 4 points , Egypt will defeat Angola and will reach  4 points also , then if Qatar and us lost to Sweden and Hungary , Qatar will qualify through direct matches , they don't look at goal difference in the case of a tie in points , but direct matches , we have to defeat Hungary or at least get a tie from them to qualify , or Argentina to tie with Qatar , that's our only hope if we lose to Hungary :d

Ouch, didn't know that.

But.... There is also the possibility that Angola beats us and ties with both in 4pts :d if we keep losing balls in attack like today it wouldn't surprise me. 

hace 52 minutos, thepharoah said:

i agree with u , refereeing was really bad in the game and both teams also played bad , i think the real winner is Qatar which is getting closer to qualify to next round 

Actually I feel Egypt will be the one to qualify at the end. I don't see Qatar winning points with Sweden and I don't see them beating our team by more than 4 goals.   

Very bad referees in Argentina-Egypt for both sides. They were a bit harsh on egyptian players in the first half mostly but in the last 2 minutes they saved Egypt in a play were they should have been given a suspension and a penalty (because they were defending inside the circle), instead they were given only a suspension and the ball for them and also an argentinian player was given a suspension for protesting about this (about which he was right). Egypt won the game right there.  

Handball 2019 Discussion Thread
Posted

Maybe they will give the wildcard to France and Europe will just have one more team than what they were supposed to.  

USA is working hard to develop their handball. But I find it unlikely that they will become better than let's say Cuba by 2025. 

I have zero hope for our team in this competition, the best player is out injured and also our two best right wingers. It's a pity because we played very well at the panam championship. At least many young players will see court time.

Men's Handball IHF World Championship 2019
Posted (edited)

Wch draw:

Group A - :FRA:RUS:GER:SRB:BRA:KOR 

Group B - :ESP:CRO:MKD:ISL:BRN:JPN 

Group C - :DEN:NOR:AUT:TUN:CHI:KSA 

Group D - :SWE:HUN:QAT:ARG:EGY:ANG 

Brazil and Argentina got much harder groups than Chile :mumble: by the way, I read there will be Main Round format again, so only 3 teams will advance from each group.

Edited by LDOG

Men's Handball PHF American Championship 2018
Posted (edited)

Well, it's a pity but these guys have no clue about defense. Chile just by keeping order managed to keep them in check during all match besides those great 9m shots from GRL players.

I hope 2021 will be their time.

Edited by LDOG

hace 6 minutos, vinipereira said:

Brazil suffered against Chile (which was ahead for some time) today so I wouldn't be so sure ;)

Last few years Brazil always rises up the level against Argentina. Also, we don't have Diego Simonet here and his brother Sebastián is also half injured and may not play.

I know Brazil doesn't have starting goalie, but player by player the rest of the team is superior to ours.

hace 3 minutos, vinipereira said:

But I guess the Pan American Games still would be the olympic qualification tournament so in theory nothing would change?

It's not confirmed but I would assume so. I don't see IHF so generous as to give 2 quota for the olympics to the weakest continent.

Ahora, intoronto said:

SA would lose a quota for that to work, correct?

Yeah, my guess is that SA gets 2 and NA&caribbean 1. So Chile would be the biggest loser in this. No idea how olympic qualification will be managed in the next cycle. 

On 22/6/2018 at 12:19, vinipereira said:

Indeed, especially because Argentina/Brazil/Chile have been the pan american qualified teams for Worlds since 2011. One should think that SA has better Handball teams than the rest of the continent.

There is a big power struggle between the north and the south of the continent right now. The new IHF wants to promote handball in north america and is openly fighting south american confederation. This is the last panamerican championship as we know it, from 2020 onwards we'll have two different tournaments for WCh qualification.

Handball 2018 Discussion Thread
Posted

Two surprises in champions league as the final will be played by Montpellier and Nantes.

Diego Simonet scored the winning goal for Montpellier against Vardar in the last 20 seconds. He had a very bad match but still scored this goal :)