website statistics
14 minutes ago, Arnoud Beldman said:

https://www.kingfut.com/2021/02/16/egypt-2021-olympics-group/

Can anyone confirm the Olympic draw has indeed taken place? I can only find Egyptian media reporting about it...

That's from February 16th, no info anywhere, probably fake... 

Olympic draw in handball has never been done before knowing all the qualified teams, also.

1 minute ago, thepharoah said:

We did every thing to lose today I really lost hope that we achieve something big in any sport always the same thing we get afraid when we are about to win 

I don't think it is fear, they played bravely and their very best, it was two lapses in concentration in two key moments that denied the win.  

Wow I just saw the biggest stupidity ever, Slovenia was leading by 4 and they tried to play with an extra man in attack (why? You're leading by 4 on the 2nd half, just make long boring possessions). They lost the ball 3 consecutive times and Egypt scored 3 goals to an empty net :facepalm:by the first goal you should have stopped playing like that. 

29 minutes ago, dcro said:

Červar resigned. No surprise. This could actually be the first time that the national team has failed to score 20 goals.

But Croatia is not out and they can still qualify wtf  

Woody Allen is old and tired.

2 minutes ago, thepharoah said:

Croatia really needs a miracle to qualify to quarters 

Not really, they need to beat a Denmark team that (probably) will already have secured 1st place and hope Argentina lose to Qatar. Both things are perfectly possible. 

45 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I find it a bit surprising how few actual surprises are happening at this WCh so far all things considered. I mean, sure, there are a couple of upsets as always, but Germany is the only top European team that kinda fucked up their championship, and even they still have a chance if Poland helps them today by not letting us qualify. And while Group IV is messy, Sweden and Slovenia (as the stronger teams on paper) can still qualify by beating Russia and Egypt. I expected more chaos because of COVID. 

If everything goes as expected, these will be the QFs:

:ESP  v  :NOR 

:DEN  v  :SLO 

:FRA  v  :HUN 

:SWE  v  :CRO 

But hopefully there will be some surprises (just not on our match today :d)

I consider Egypt favorite against Slovenia and so do betting sites.

2 hours ago, rybak said:

I think that they will be unprepared, I believe that they can even deny this invitation because whole team should be in Egypt already tomorrow and they probably get news about possible replacement just today....

IHF wouldn't announce participation of team if they didn't already get confirmation from them. They are not mentally challenged lol.

42 minutes ago, rybak said:

It will be first World Champs for :USA since 20 years

Do you know how last place for South American team will decided since the qualification tournament is cancelled?

Same as this one. Quota for Chile will be announced soon.

hace 3 horas, Maxim Fastovsky dijo:

What happens if Spain (or Croatia, or Norway) Finishes top 3 in Europe (but doesn't win the european title) and they already finished top 7 in worlds, will they go to 4th in europe for the OQT, or 8th in world?

No, the European OQT places are already locked for Slovenia and Portugal (or Austria in case Slovenia wins the title).

Spain, Norway and Croatia will either win the title and qualify to Tokyo OR use their already secured world championship places to enter the OQT.