website statistics

Trying to work out which of the FIG World Cup events listed on their site for 2023 qualify toward Criteria 2 for Trampoline.  The document says there will be 5 events spread across 2023/24, and I can find 2 listed in 2024 on the FIG Calendar.  There are 3 in 2023 that call themselves "FIG World Cup 2023", for Varna, Santarem and Coimbra, but there are another 2 also with a similar label: 

World Cup 2023 AGF Trophy - Baku

FIG TRA World CUP - Palm Beach

Do these count as well, or instead of?  Cannot find any other source to give me clarity and I would appreciate any pointers from anyone who knows more.

On 08/06/2021 at 21:22, intoronto said:

I re-read the qualification system, and this line: 

The highest placed male and highest placed female athlete, based on the results of the Finals from each Continental Championships 2020 will each qualify one (1) quota place for their NOC, provided the continent has not already an NOC qualified under Criteria 1 (2019 World Championships) or 3 (2019/2020 Trampoline World Cup Series). To me this means Oceania does not get a continental spot, only Africa will, because Oceania stands to gain athletes through the world series.

This means 9 spots will be given to men through the world series and 8 for the women.

Men 

So these 9 should get the quotas based on the current ranking:

:BLR  :CHN :RUS:JPN  :NZL  :POR :POR:AUS:UKR  

:GBR and :ESP would get the reallocated host + tripartite spots if the World Cup Rankings are allocated first. However, I don't think this is the case as the qualification system does not explicitly say this (unlike the other parts of the document). If these are reallocated first, :NZL and :POR would get the quotas, bumping those two world cup quotas to :CAN and :KAZ 

Women

So these 8 should get the quotas based on the current ranking:

:CHN:JPN:GBR:RUS:USA:NZL  :AUS :MEX   

:GER and :UKR would get the host + tripartie reallocation, in either scenario. 

No-one seems to have told :GBR about their Men's quota - only Bryony Page and Laura Gallagher selected and no mention of further selections.    

https://www.british-gymnastics.org/articles/team-gb-trampoline-gymnasts-named-for-tokyo-olympics

Phelps, thanks for the link.  This was what I was looking for to get confirmation one way or another - not looking to disagree.  I still don't understand why they put the statement in for reallocation of Host slots in the formal qualification document if they did not intend to use it.  

Section F: "The unused quota place of the Host Country will be reallocated to the athlete from the next highest ranked eligible NOC (highest ranked male or female athlete) as per the Individual ranking results of the qualifying round of the 2019 World Championships".

I think that USA Men get the unused Host Country quota for this sport?  

"The unused quota place of the Host Country will be reallocated to the athlete from the next highest ranked eligible NOC (highest ranked male or female athlete) as per the Individual ranking results of the qualifying round of the 2019 World Championships".  After discounting 9th places for both genders, as they had already qualified, I make it that USA Men came in 10th, whilst Georgia Women came in 11th.  Happy to be corrected, as this is one of the more complicated ones.