Elin Rubensson, BK Häcken
Johanna Rytting Kaneryd, BK Häcken
Olivia Schough, FC Rosengård
Caroline Seger, FC Rosengård

1456204F-C1F5-4B77-978D-D870D132EA0B.webp

Men's Football FIFA World Cup 2022
Posted
19 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

We got a new head coach who is a complete "park the bus" guy. Playing Poland might be the easier part of the double if you can hold off Lewandowski. I mean we played Sweden at the Euros not so long ago :p

When Michniewicz was the coach of our U-21 team in Euro qualifying we drew with Faroe Islands twice(!) but in the finals we beat Belgium and Italy. His park the bus tactics always does well vs better teams :wacko:

Haha you said this just as Lewandowski did a hat trick in Champions League. I’m not optimistic about Sweden’s chances even IF we beat Czech Republic. :p

Posted
8 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Congratulations @Belle but to be honest (I don't mean to be disrespectful) I think Sweden didn't play that well and we gifted it to you in a way.

We dominated the first half, the offside goal and then two posts. It was too bad we couldn't take our chances there and then in the second half we conceded a foolish penalty because of the inexperienced Mavropanos. Had Manolas or Sokratis been there, I don't think we would have conceded that penalty. Then another foolish defensive mistake which led to the second goal.

I don't want to sound bitter or disrespectful but it was frustrating because we could have beaten Sweden today and we were by far the better side in the first half and then we totally self destructed in the second half. But that is football....

Now we need to beat Spain (and Kosovo) and hope that Sweden can get a result on the last matchday against Spain in order to finish second. Very difficult...

You are not disrespectful at all. I think Greece were the better team today. Sweden got lucky. :)

Feel bad for Greece actually!! :cry:

Posted
5 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Will make it more difficult for us now. A shame because we started so well with a draw at Spain...

Well Sweden was the home team. It will be very difficult in Spain. Greece and Sweden haven’t meet each other yet. Anything can happen. :d