website statistics
Diving FINA World Cup 2021
Posted

Well, to be honest, we're forgetting that we have to wait for final Entry Lists. For example in Rio, 40 out of 136 athletes competed in 2 events, and 2 athletes even competed in 3 events. So the number could be very close to 136 also in Tokyo. But if the number will be exceeded, there's nothing FINA can do about it, but I also don't think IOC is going to make a big fuss about few extra athletes. Especially when theres athletics, that exceeds the quota limit every time

Posted
3 minutes ago, Adriano said:

No, in officiall document you have "upon 18" not "18". 

Yes, but this 18 also include all NOCs that already have quotas from before. So, for example, in men's 10m platform, 13 new quotas were awarded, because 5 semifinalists already obtained quotas before. And 13 is ˝up to 18˝ 

Posted
1 hour ago, Adriano said:

It's not a true! In diving we have a numer 138 divers, 68 per gender,  32 for women's teams, so 36 for two events, 18 per events. After world championships we have 34 places taken! If we have 34 places before World Cup plus 11 athletes in trampoline, and got for example 10 athletes in platform, we have 56 places, only... 12 for synchro event. You must remember about the limit! In women's trampoline only 5 places was taken by the same person in trampoline and platform. It is very depend on China, Mexico, UK who will arrive in Tokyo. In this case you will have more athletes than Fina rule in olympic system document. "It's not 18" it is "up to 18" Only 136 athletes gain quota. Nobody more. 

The qualification rules clearly state: ˝The 18 highest placed athletes at the FINA Diving World Cup 2020 will each obtain one (1) quota place for their NOC with a maximum of two (2) athletes per NOC˝ 

So this means all semifinals here have a spot at the Olympics. This doesn't mean 18 athletes from this competition will qualify, because also NOCs who already have quotas from before, are also included in this TOP 18. I understand your math, but you must know that FINA was wirtting these rules under the assumption that only 136 will be allocated during the process. It is now clear that this number will be overreached, and there's nothing FINA can do about it. They can't change the rules retro actively. 

But there might be a loop hole in the rules: ˝If an athlete who has obtained a quota place in accordance with FINA Rule BL 8.3.8.3.3.4 has not been entered to the Olympic Games, the quota place shall be reallocated˝ Does this mean the athlete with a quota has to compete in one event at the Olympics or else the NOC loses the quota? This might be a way for FINA to get closer to 136 limit....

Posted
1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Okay folks. I have Zero clue how and who is gaining quotas here, so please can anyone inform me about the quotas (athlets) qualified today, in order to update the qualification thread,

I see wikipedia updated both todays events, is everything there correct wiki ?.

Thanks

the 18 semifinalists guaranteed their ticket for Tokyo (respecting the NOC limit etc.), so they're safe. But those reallocated quotas on Wikipedia are a guess, because no one knows how many athletes we will have competing in two events and so.... But TOP 18 is qualified officially

22 minutes ago, Giovanni Gianni Cattaneo said:

In febraury, there is also an european qualification in Tennis Table, Odivelas (POR) 14-21
https://www.ittf.com/tournament/5245/2020/European-Olympic-Singles-Qualification-Tournament/

This event has been rescheduled (again) to April 21 - 25...