website statistics
13 hours ago, hckošice said:

Did it just happen ? I mean, did it really happen ? :cheer:

No way, before you know it :SVK will win an ice hockey medal at the Olympics or something…

Crazy fantasies am I right? :p

Spoiler

In all seriousness, it was very nice to see him first across the line once more.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Girmay keeps getting boxed out in the sprints. He appears to have the legs, just needs to sharpen his tactics a bit. Definitely a rider I enjoy watching from what I’ve seen this year. Reminds me of Sagan in some ways.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

14 minutes ago, Pifta said:

I didn't watch the stage today, but I read the results, it says 156 riders crossed the finish line at the same time, not even a second difference happened. I can't imagine this...

They were likely awarded the same time assuming there were no substantial time gaps. It’s common practice in professional road cycling.

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2021
Posted

A flurry of news out of the Congress being held at the World Championships today: https://www.infobae.com/aroundtherings/press-releases/2021/09/24/190th-congress-of-the-uci-david-lappartient-re-elected-to-the-head-of-the-uci-2025-uci-road-world-championships-to-take-place-in-kigali/

David Lappartient remains UCI President, Kigali confirmed as host of 2025 Road World Championships, :SSD:SOL:GEQ:VAT added as member federations. I’m still checking around, but I believe this is the first time the Vatican has held full membership in a IF.

Road Cycling UCI World Championships 2021
Posted
7 hours ago, dcro said:

Tokyo 2020 Refugee, Ahmad Wais, reverted back to representing Syria. :rolleyes:

I don’t think the UCI has a mechanism for allowing refugee/stateless persons entry. I’m aware of another rider with refugee status cycling for Syria as well. I’m not sure what the exact arrangement/rules are, but that’s what I’m aware of.

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

With so many of them, you can just sense every single time that they're commentating on sports they really don't ever watch outside of the Olympics.

OBS hired/invited (whatever the correct term is) FIG commentator Olly Hogben. They have him commentating Football, Badminton, and Wrestling :mumble:

I don’t know if the commentators get to choose their sports, or if they’re assigned sports.