website statistics
Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019
Posted
hace 1 hora, intoronto said:

If they use the World Rankings, Canada will most likely be in the group of death 

I mean, if you land in a group with Argentina and Brazil that would be the best thing that could happen to Canada, with the olympics in perspective.

I know it will probably be not possible due to rules or sth though. 

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019
Posted

Well, fortunately in the other group Philippines has still to play weak KAZ & QAT. JPN has QAT as well but tough away match with IRN. I would say both can reach 7 victories and "beat" the other pool 4th (5th?) placer.

I really hope we don't see both of those garbage teams qualifying. At the very least I don't see Jordan winning both matches and ending with 7-5 record.

Women's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2018
Posted
1 hour ago, thepharoah said:

Men's African teams have full Squads from Europe and even 1 or 2 in NBA but they always suck , the Girls rule :clap:

Because it's easier to "climb the ladder" in women's sport (since it's less developed) than it is in men's, it's the same in all team sports.

See for example Brazil handball national teams: both have almost all players in european leagues since a few years but the women have reached a higher level in less time.

Basketball 2018 Discussion Thread
Posted

And finally... the day came: Ginobili retires from basketball.

Euroleague, Olympic and NBA x 4 champion, NBA All-Star x2. Up there with Gasol as the most succesful non-american basketball player ever.

Even though I'm not a huge basketball fan he was protagonist of some of the fondest childhood memories I have about sport.

Farewell Manu :clap: 

hace 3 minutos, Milan said:

I wasn't aware of this too. In this case there is quite much on the line tonight for Argentina. They certainly don't want to be in danger of ending 4th in this group.

Well, to be honest I think we would lose to any team from the other group :d but we already won our "gold medal" against Brazil, in a sense.

hace 2 minutos, crovitlaci said:

Yes. Plus there's a link on Spanish in which you are apparently accusing us and Lithuanians of fixing the match (I don't know Spanish so you can clarify me even more):

http://masdeporte.as.com/masdeporte/2016/08/14/juegosolimpicos/1471202612_831983.html

Well, the guy is right. I don't know if Croatia is into this, but with Lithuania is very evident that they tried to "cover all the bases".

hace 8 minutos, crovitlaci said:

No. If Spain wins and if we win you are 4th :d

If that happens we would have 4 teams with 3-2 record, and matches amongst those teams would be considered:

Spain 2-1 (win against Lithuania and Argentina)

Croatia 2-1 (win against Lithuania and Spain)

Lithuania 1-2 (win against Argentina)

Argentina 1-2 (win against Croatia)

Lithuania would be ahead of you because of h2h.

Are you sure? :mumble:so the head to head is "subdivided"? I thought that if all have the same record and same points between the tied teams the following to break tie is goal difference (which Lithuania clearly loses).

If it's not like that then Lithuania lowering their pants vs Spain now makes sense...

Basketball 2016 Discussion Thread
Posted

Super 4 Tournament - Day 2 Results

:CRO 76 - 70  :FRA 

:SRB 74 - 79  :ARG 

Standings

:ARG 2-0

:CRO 1-1

:SRB 1-1

:FRA 0-2

I have to say that Delfino is playing exceptionally well for someone who hasn't played a single match in 3 years.

Also, Teodosic got injured in a finger in the last quarter and didn't play the last minutes. Hope it isn't serious.

:ARGArgentina Team  :ARG 

PG- Facundo Campazzo

PG- Nicolás Laprovittola

SG- Emanuel Ginóbili

SG- Nicolás Brussino

SG- Patricio Garino

SF- Carlos Delfino

SF- Andres Nocioni

SF- Gabriel Deck

PF- Luis Scola

PF- Leonardo Mainoldi

C- Marcos Delía