website statistics
Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019
Posted
Justo ahora, ChandlerMne dijo:

Well done! First qualified team. 2 teams from Africa qualify? Then Senegal has a chance.

No. Only one goes for Africa. 

And Tunisia is not qualified, they have to beat Puerto Rico for that.

Posted
Justo ahora, OlympicsFan dijo:

After the first, way too early, impressions i would say that Lithuania should definitely make it out of the 2nd group stage and Australia and France should battle for that 2nd spot. Spain and Serbia are a lock for the semifinal, USA should also make it and i think Lithuania and Greece will fight for the 4th spot.

Serbia yes, Spain I'm not so sure. They lost a friendly to Russia (possible QF opponent) by 20 points last week, also our team was really close to them in the same preparation. 

Also, I don't really know about this USA... I can easily see Australia, Lithuania or France beating them in a bad day.

Posted

Ok, now I'm having a bad day. I mean I guessed all the winners (thats a bit easy) but my point differences are way off in most. In particular Senegal, I just predicted 10pt loss :lol: now that I think I have no idea why I did.

Posted

I had a pretty good day as well, my only big miss was PHI-ITA in which I expected a much closer game (13 points prediction for ITA). 

Philippines was simply awful today, they scored their 1st triple in the 4th Quarter on their 17th attempt :lol: 

Posted
hace 2 horas, ofan dijo:

:lol: Canada has never done anything at a senior level because none of our players will commit to playing. 

Please let me know how how a team made entirely of NBA players, including Jamal Murray and the 3rd pick in this year's draft would not have been a favourite for a medal against mostly EuroLeague teams with one NBA star on their roster :d 

Being an NBA player doesn't automatically make you better than any euroleague player, especially not in 2019. This is not the 90s.

Also, it's way easier for a canadian to become an NBA player than it is for any european, asian, latinamerican or african player because generally it's easier for a canadian to attend an american college.

I fear something like this could happen to football in the future if UEFA continues to increase it's economic power. Champions league will be more important than world cup like NBA is more important than FIBA. 

hace 23 minutos, wumo26 dijo:

I think Luka Dončić, and most of Slovenia, would disagree with that statement. ;) 

Greece would also say they have a certain "Greek Freak" who is quite good. :)

Jokic and Nowitzki are both forwards, Doncic is more of a guard. I think that is what he was trying to compare.

Men's Basketball NBA 2018 - 2019
Posted

I probably don't realize yet how lucky I was to grow up during his era. I was a fan of the spurs years before he joined and always dreamed of watching an argentine player playing for them. Now I can't ask anything from this sport anymore. Even if never again an argentinian plays in the nba or if our national team is too bad forever, I'll always remember those days and have a feeling of complete satisfaction.

Posted
hace 3 minutos, phelps dijo:

actually KAT and Horford are eligible to play for the :DOM Dominican Republic, not Puerto Rico...:evil::p

KAT did play for them (only) when he was 16/17...Horford, I have no idea if he ever did it...

I clearly remember Horford playing the final OQT for London 2012. 

I googled about both today and found some article saying that federation is in talks with both. I think it's 50/50 for them to play or not.

Posted
hace 21 minutos, thepharoah dijo:

let's make some predictions :_ 

A: China and Poland 

B: Argentina and Russia 

C: Spain and Puerto Rico 

D: Serbia and Italy 

E: USA and Turkey 

F: Greece and NZ 

G: France and Germany 

H: Lithuania and Canada 

The same but Brazil x NZL. And I'm very sure Australia won't be the drop out from H, it will be LTU or CAN for me. 

Also to watch out: Nigeria in group B and Dominican Republic if they bring Horford and Anthony Towns.  

Posted
hace 1 minuto, MHSN dijo:

:d for the same reason I wish the worst for China. but looks like they made  the whole this system to have a "good group"

they key is you won't play those teams in 2nd round as well for sure. so between ARG/BRA/CAN they only can play each other from the quarterfinal. which means most probably the 2nd Americas Olympic spot won't be decided by direct games between these teams. I don't expect all 3 of them going to the QF. probably just one or max two.

Which sucks. I much rather fancy our chances in a head to head with both than grinding European teams one after the other.

Posted
hace 6 minutos, MHSN dijo:

that's technically impossible

USA will get Turkey for sure

China will get one European team from Pot 5

and Argentina can't get Brazil. so the only option is Australia and a group with Argentina and Australia will get Montengero for sure. (cuz other teams in that Pot are from Asia or America)

and btw. we have 4 continents and beside Europe we can't have more than 1 team in the group. so obviously we have to have at least one Euro team in each group.

Sorry, why Argentina can't get Russia or Italy?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MHSN said:

I remember 2010 and 2014 draw when they didn't let more than one Africa or Asian team in the same group. this time they have 8 groups. so they can completely separate teams from the same continent . that's what I assumed. but of course we have to wait for the official announcement.

Yes, but it wasn't explicit restriction, africans and asians were just placed in the same pot. We still got Puerto Rico for example.

I think this time it could be "no more than 2 from the same continent" or something. Otherwise there won't be much to draw past a certain point, but who knows...

Edited by LDOG