website statistics

Turkey won but looked absolutely terrible against maybe the weakest team among all the tournaments.

Some crazy trivia: it was Uruguay's first official game against an european team since 1986 :yikes:and we're talking about a team that used to play WCs and olympics regularly for decades.

I know nobody here is sparing a thought for this team but Dominicana national team manager confirmed that Al Horford and KA Towns will, once more, not take part in the team. And not only them but several other experienced dominican players. They will be going with a B team basically.

hace 5 minutos, JoshMartini007 dijo:

We saw it in 2016 where it was Argentina in particular (though United States and Canada too) that benefited from the absence of Brazil.

Just the women's handball, the rest will be the same for 2020. For USA and Canada it makes no difference, even more, I think Canada will qualify more sports this year.

hace 13 minutos, JoshMartini007 dijo:

At least this means Canada avoids some of the stronger European teams. We could still be put up against Greece

I think drawing Brazil or Slovenia would be worse honestly.

Anyway, Canada has no excuse to not win this time.

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019
Posted

Gasol was simply unplayable today, Scola and Delia couldn't defend him nor get around him in defense unlike what happened with Jokic or Gobert in the previous games. 

Also our team's 3pt% was completely absent today and when that happens  Argentina can't compete with the big size teams.

All in all a great tournament. Probably this bad final will make the average sport fan and the media here forget about the team by tomorrow but they did something completely unexpected.

Posted
Justo ahora, ChandlerMne dijo:

So, my picks for 1/2 final are Argentina - USA, Spain - Australia.

Well, thanks for the faith but it's a bit exaggerated :lol: I do think however that our team will play the best they can. 

Posted
Justo ahora, ratelesjo dijo:

If both SRB and FRA lose their quarters, to who the quota goes? Is there more ranking matches to be done?

Yes, 5-8th semis. And they would be playing each other in that case. On the other side it will likely be Poland-Czech R.

Posted
hace 8 minutos, dareza dijo:

Because our team like to play against France. Of course France is strong, but somwhow we are always good against them.

Didn't France win in 2016 OG? And I think they didn't play in 2017 euro. 

There is a good victory in 2014 though.