website statistics
Totallympics Announcements Thread
Posted
12 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Once you have the basic template ready, it's very easy to update with the names of the athletes and results. Not really a big deal. If you know basic HTML it will be a piece of cake to learn how wiki code works. 

Where’s a good source to learn HTML? I would actually invest a lot more time into Wikipedia, if I knew I could accomplish more.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Posted
7 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

I've always been against investing lots of time reporting the results of competitions on the forum because the last major server crash rendered all that work futile. Everything was lost and I can only imagine the frustration of people who spent hours typing everything. I'm a huge supporter of Wikipedia and I believe that it would be great for a larger number of people if results were to be uploaded to Wikipedia. Of course not every competition is deemed big enough to be listed there, but I doubt that lack of preservation of the results for a number of small meets would be considered catastrophic for many people.

The problem with Wikipedia is that it takes a lot of time and coding (at least from my experience). If you aren’t good at the technical stuff, then you can get maybe 2/3 pages done during one day. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Totallympics Introduction Thread
Posted
3 hours ago, call me matt said:

Hi everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but as I heard some of you might know me from my Twitter account @2020athletes. I think you know this has been suspended, officially due to violating impersonation rules (it seemed a bit too official & one can use emblems when the account is not too popular. With my last few tweets I reached some tens of thousands of impressions which triggered the alarm). My mistake, but there's nothing I can do about it now.

In any case, my name is Matej (you can call me Matt) & I come from Slovenia. I might not be the most active member here but I will try to get into discussion when I have the time :)

Hi Matt, I’m Matt :bye:

I am very familiar with your Twitter account. It was a favorite page of mine until it was taken down. I believe I tweeted at you a few times as well. I’m sorry that you got too popular and official looking :d

Always nice to another Matt around (and another Slovenia. We absolutely love members who participate in discussions, so don’t be sacred to. 

Posted
1 hour ago, rybak said:

I don't know, but you probably also miss that you have already more than 10k posts, congrats :cheer:

Fuck, you’re right again :yikes: 

Where have I been? It’s very unlike me to get emotional at every little milestone.

Posted

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, oui, oui, oui! Always nice to have have new member, especially another Aussie. Welcome to the forum @Torchbearer

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

So I read this while eating - you guessed it - mashed potatoes.

Just laughed in class again in front of everyone. Maybe I should stop reading these during class...(though it’s a basic journalism class, and definitely above the level here)

2 minutes ago, Wumo said:

Isn't the easy solution just to sign out and never sign in again? Or you could write "mashed potatoes" under favourite sports.  

I just laughed out loud in the middle of class :rofl:

Posted
36 minutes ago, Dnl said:

Hi thank you very much and yes Enjoying my time here ?

I’ve noticed :p It’s always great to have more involved users. Are from Israel proper, or do you live elsewhere.

39 minutes ago, Sindo said:

What do you mean ? Can you show me an example ?

If you set photos to a max size, the downsizing could be causing pixelation.

9 minutes ago, bestmen said:

uploading images doesn't work correctly , the image appears fuzzy :wacko:

15804142738881.png

Yes, that’s to cut down on the amount of storage it takes. Down sizing the resolution means the file takes up less storage. I would assume that’s why @Sindo would have it set that (of course that’s only if he set it that way, and it’s not a glitch)

Totallympics User Groups Statistics
Number of Registered Users 640
Number of Users in User Group: Newbie 344
Number of Users in User Group: Member 67
Number of Users in User Group: Senior Member 35
Number of Users in User Group: Fanatic 41
Number of Users in User Group: Addicted 54
Number of Users in User Group: Professional 28
Number of Users in User Group: World Class 21
Number of Users in User Group: Bronze Medallist 18
Number of Users in User Group: Silver Medallist 17
Number of Users in User Group: Gold Medallist 3
Number of Users in User Group: Superstar 2
Number of Users in User Group: Legend 1
Number of Users in User Group: Grand Master 0
Number of Users in User Group: G.O.A.T. 0
Number of Users in User Group: Admin / Prediction Contest 9

League Table of Nations per Number of Active Users

Updated as of September, 2019

Note:

For the purposes of this table, an active user shall be defined as any registered member who has posted something, reacted to another post or updated their profile within the past 12 months.

Rank   Nation No. of Users
1   :IND India 23
2   :POL Poland 20
3   :BUL Bulgaria 15
4   :GBR Great Britain 14
4   :ITA Italy 14
6   :CRO Croatia 12
7   :BRA Brazil 10
7   :SRB Serbia 10
9   :CAN Canada 9
9   :FRA France 9
9   :USA United States 9
12   :ESP Spain 8
13   :GER Germany 7
13   :HUN Hungary 7
13   :NED Netherlands 7
16   :ROU Romania 6
17   :EGY Egypt 4
17   :GRE Greece 4
17   :RUS Russia 4
17   :SWE Sweden 4
21   :ARG Argentina 3
21   :CHN China 3
21   :CZE Czech Republic 3
21   :IRI Iran 3
21   :IRL Ireland 3
21   :LTU Lithuania 3
21   :SLO Slovenia 3
28   :ALG Algeria 2
28   :AUS Australia 2
28   :CHI Chile 2
28   :COL Colombia 2

:DEN Denmark 2
28   :EST Estonia 2
28   :MEX Mexico 2
28   :NZL New Zealand 2
28   :POR Portugal 2
28   :TUN Tunisia 2
28   :TUR Turkey 2
28   :UKR Ukraine 2
40   :AUT Austria 1
40   :AZE Azerbaijan 1
40   :BEL Belgium 1
40   :FIN Finland 1
40   :INA Indonesia 1
40   :JPN Japan 1
40   :KAZ Kazakhstan 1
40   :MLT Malta 1
40   :MDA Moldova 1
40   :MNE Montenegro 1
40   :NOR Norway 1
40   :PAR Paraguay 1
40   :PHI Philippines 1
40   :PUR Puerto Rico 1
40   :SVK Slovakia 1
40   :SUI Switzerland 1
40   :URU Uruguay 1
40   :VEN Venezuela 1

Total Number of Nations

Total Number of Users

Rank   Nation No. of Nations No. of Users
1   Europe 34 173
2   Americas 11 41
3   Asia 7 33
4   Africa 3 8
5   Oceania 2 4

India remain at the top of the table in terms of most active users with a total of 23, followed by Poland with 20 active users and Bulgaria in 3rd place with 15 active users.

It was a fantastic quarter as we added 3 nations and 27 active users (net active user gain of +18) since the previous quarter.

Puerto Rico debut on the list, while we welcome back Kazakhstan and Switzerland to the list of active nations after both fell off the table in the last quarter.

Meanwhile, Hungary added a whopping 6 users to their active user total to move up to a total of 7.

Here is the breakdown of active user gains / losses per nation in the latest quarter:

Active User Gains:

Hungary + 6

Canada +3

France +3

Great Britain +2

Spain +2

Algeria +1

Chile +1

China +1

Croatia +1

Egypt +1

Lithuania +1

Netherlands +1

Puerto Rico +1

Romania +1

Switzerland +1

United States +1

Active User Gains: +27 users

Active Nation Gains: +3 Nations (Kazakhstan, Puerto Rico, Switzerland)

Active User Losses:

Turkey -2

Brazil -1

Czech Republic -1

India -1

Indonesia -1

Philippines -1

Poland -1

Sweden -1

Active User Losses: -9 users

Active Nation Losses: 0

Active User Net Gain / Loss: +18 Users

Active Nations Net Gain / Loss: +3 Nations

Next update will be in January at the start of the new quarter.

Where’s our update @OlympicIRL:d

Posted

@Sindo Any interest in past results? I’d be willing to contribute as always. I have multi-sports games results from 2013-2020, but I can also find some from 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2005.

4 minutes ago, bestmen said:

Try it Post any average/large image will appear small on pc , sindo limited the size to 600 

And I explained why. Also, I run a news media website, and even I have no need for large pictures (we use medium or anything between 500/800)

36 minutes ago, bestmen said:

i don't see useful this limitation of the images size to 600 , this is serious problem , it damages the forum
the advantage should be for the pc not smartphone

there is no better than the normal sizes

The reason is that it takes a lot more storage. Uploaded photos are stored to the website. 

Posted

@Sindo I recommend adding a search function, so I could put in a name like “Adam Hofstedt” and scroll through the various posts (results) that include a particular athlete. It would also be nice to search other things like “Individual 10km”, or “2020 Youth Olympics”, etc.

Posted

@Sindo If someone teaches me how to do the PDF conversion thing, I can upload the Winter YOG results.

Posted

Welcome @Chatan!

39 minutes ago, hckosice said:

we have czech language option on the forum ?!? :yikes: so one step closer to Slovakian now :d

If we add Slovakian, we might as well add Klingon, Cherokee, Greenlandic, Esperanto, and Cat. :wacko:

Posted

I’m down to post PDFs of multi-sports games. We would need to save them to the website however, and that would require an insane amount of storage. That’s why @Sindo wants tables (or at least some format) other results. My problem is that I find tables quite hard to use. So neither system really works for me. That’s my point of view. I also think it would be awesome to have an all-in-one results place though.

Test Thread
Posted (edited)

This post has been hidden. Only the user who posted it is able to see the content

Edited by Olympian1010

Posted

I would be more than willing to provide results for all multi-sports games.