website statistics

Oh, I missed our stats.

I can't believe "de música ligera" only got 18th place, these totallympics teenager voters :facepalm:

Our contemporary music is so bad that we chose the same singer 3 times! At least he made top ten twice, even though he is nowhere the level of our artists of old.

hace 3 horas, thiago_simoes said:

This is interesting. The lyrics are very similar in Spanish and Portuguese, so this is mostly an adaptation. Of course, if the original creators were not informed about the adaptation this is copyright infringement, but I have no idea about whether they did know or not. As a side note, unfortunately the singer of the song Lambada was murdered in a shocking and utterly cruel crime last year. May her rest in peace.

The story is very curious. This bolivian band made the song in 1981, then a peruvian band made a cover in 1984, then an artist named Marcia Ferreira made an adaptation of the peruvian version in 1986, then finally Kaoma made their famous version in 1988. 

The song got progressively more upbeat with each version.  

The bolivian band apparently only sued the producers of the lambada version (likely because they saw the fame the song took) and it seems they won the case after many years. No idea what settlement was reached though.

:ARG Argentina Entry :ARG

Los Abuelos de la Nada - Costumbres Argentinas

Costumbres Argentinas is a song written by singer Andres Calamaro back in 1985 when he was part of a band named Los abuelos de la nada ("the grandpas of nothingness"). It is a very iconic song of the 80s argentine rock and one of my personal favorites, hope someone else likes it too.

English Translation

Spoiler

Argentine Customs

I bite the hook
and I start over
every time

I have in hand
the card
to play the game
when you want

Walking
Walking you
my street
that maybe
I could change

Waiting
Waiting you
argentine customs
of saying
no!

The problem is again the situation
always worse
of the heart

I walk everything
and I see
every time I want
and I wait for you

Walking
Walking you
my street
that maybe
I could change

Waiting
Waiting you
argentine customs
of saying
no!

hace 1 minuto, konig said:

Except "late woodu" let to Portugal to send us to the seventh position, we will be sixth....so nothing wrong with the prediction, i really think Moldova can win this contest in another side :facepalm:

Also Ireland above us nos. Fuck this guy tbh :p