website statistics
1 minute ago, Dragon said:

I see Small Bore Underwater Clay Fish Harpooning has missed out again.

Luckily, Mixed Team Underwater Basket Weaving had made the cut and will join Surfing in Tahiti.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

This might be the most interest I’ve seen in an IOC Press Conference in a long time. Even some popular social media news outlets are streaming it.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Who knew that France requires break spinning, bike juggling and surfing in the Pacific Ocean to bring interest in the country. The IOC should really think of their marketing strategy, otherwise the Games could run unnoticed in France. 

Literally anyone who knows anything about French sports. These sports do fantastic in France. Breakdancing, Surfing, BMX Freestyle all generally draw great audiences in France.

27 minutes ago, Dragon said:

The problem with squash and karate is there are a lot of similar sports already on the programme.

Already 3 racket sports and 4 combat sports.

Right, but Squash is quite different the rest. That’s a valid argument for Karate, but it does deserve to be on the program due to other factors.

30 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Maybe they could use Longchamps racecourse? Traditionally a lot of the big cross country races were held on horse racing tracks.

Yes, Eventing Cross Country and Athlete Cross Country could definitely share a venue.

35 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I think coastal rowing maybe approved as a one off... Though they would have to agree to move to Tahiti... The current proposal has it being staged in Marseille 

If Surfing, Sailing, Coastal Rowing, and Beach Volleyball were in Tahiti...I’d fly there in a minute for the Olympics.

1 minute ago, NearPup said:

I would really like to stop doing these one off things...

It’s not a bad idea to increase local interest. Again, like everything else, there just needs to be a better, and more transparent process.

11 minutes ago, hckosice said:

looks funny. ok I am for that coastal rowing thing :yes  also for the 50k W RW without removing the male event obviously. Reintroducing C2 in canoe salom and kick out that kayak-cross BS back to the oblivion. + canoe sprint should return to the previous program with K4-1000m and finally I can live also with the mixed skeet and table tennis M and W doubles

I´d personally love to see Floorball and Squash added to the games

There’s really no good argument for why Squash isn’t already on the Olympic program.

Karate really should be a core sport as well.

Floorball has a lot more development needed, but it could be a great candidate one day. 

Just now, hckosice said:

was not the beach games originally created especially for those things and sports ?

Yes. Yes, they were.