website statistics

Athletics IAAF Diamond League 2018

Totallympics

Just now, OlympicIRL said:

Here you go then :p

See? It's as if Bolt just ran 8.94 :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Schippers :whistle:

After that magic move from heptathlon to pure sprinting, she changed to American coach Rana Reider early last year and since then she seems to be going backwards. Literally, almost. Earlier this year she was out of breath.....in the 100 meters (whereas usually the 200m, specifically the last part, is her strength). Now in Londen in the last 30 meters she lost like 5 places. 

But no, not a single word about 'Maybe, juuuust maybe working with Reider is not going fantastic', because then she gets angry :lol:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Elena Vallortigara :hyper: What a competition! Not only jumping 2.00 for the first time in her life, but following it up with 2.02m! :bowdown:

10 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Elena Vallortigara :hyper: What a competition! Not only jumping 2.00 for the first time in her life, but following it up with 2.02m! :bowdown:

she really deserves some success...among the youth and junior classes she was there with Trost and Kuchina/Lasistskene (well, just behind them), then she had so many injuries that would have led most people to retirement, but she refused to surrender to bad luck and now she's back where she was expected/supposed to be when she was just a young prospect...

I really hope that now she can consolidate her perormance at this level and keep herself healty for enough time to take some satisfaction in this sport...

25 minuti fa, heywoodu ha scritto:

Schippers :whistle:

After that magic move from heptathlon to pure sprinting, she changed to American coach Rana Reider early last year and since then she seems to be going backwards. Literally, almost. Earlier this year she was out of breath.....in the 100 meters (whereas usually the 200m, specifically the last part, is her strength). Now in Londen in the last 30 meters she lost like 5 places. 

But no, not a single word about 'Maybe, juuuust maybe working with Reider is not going fantastic', because then she gets angry :lol:

at the same time, after a few troubles, now Hassan is improving race after race, after she established herself in the Salazar group in Oregon...:whistle:

sorry pal, I couldn't keep myself away from those usual plot theories...:facepalm:

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

at the same time, after a few troubles, now Hassan is improving race after race, after she established herself in the Salazar group in Oregon...:whistle:

sorry pal, I couldn't keep myself away from those usual plot theories...:facepalm:

Well yeah, it's like a cyclist who moves to Astana or Quick-Step or something, it makes you fly :lol:

Am 21.7.2018 um 12:18 schrieb heywoodu:

I doubt it. Women's steeplechase only became an Olympic event in 2008 after being added to the world championships in 2005. I'm not saying going from 8:58 to 8:52 to 8:44 is all perfectly normal, but it's not strange for an event to make big steps in the 10-15 years after it became a main event, just because before (in this case) 2005 simply not enough athletes were interested and really pushing each other to the limits. I think we'll see the same thing happen with the women's 50km race walk, where I expect the WR to be shattered by a big margin more than once before 2030.

Let's say that 8:44 converts to about 8:20 for 3000 m flat, then we are looking at the 6th or 7th best time over 3000 m flat ever (only behind 6 chinese girls and Obiri). The 7th best 3000 m flat time on the men's side would be 7:28, which would convert to 7:48-7:49 for 3000 m SC, so you also consider the men's 3000 m SC world record soft? Another example Warholm ran 45.0 and 47.6 this season, so if we say that the hurdles add about 2,5 seconds, then a appropriate 400 m hurdles world record would be something like 46.1-46.2 (7th fastest 400 m ever is Merritt with 43.65, add 2,5 seconds and you get 46.1-46.2), about 0,5 seconds faster than the current world record.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.