website statistics

Judo EJU European Championships 2018

phelps

4 minutes ago, phelps said:

and surprise, surprise..Ferdinand Karapetian from Armenia wins the men's -73kg class, by beating Hidayat Heydarov of Azerbaijan in the final match (ended with a very unsportsmanlike behaviour by the Azeri, refusing the final handshake by the Armenian)...

Bronze medals in this class go to Bilal Ciloglu from Turkey (I don't know if this makes me more or less angry for Basile's loss this morning :wall:) and Tommy Macias from Sweden...

but what was exactly ippon? :d

Adesso, DaniSRB ha scritto:

but what was exactly ippon? :d

it was the forelast move before the match was stopped, when Heydarov started the attack, but Karapetian countered it and turned the Azeri on his side and got the second waza-ari, which means ippon according to the new rules (from the blind side view replay it's possible to see that Heydarov touches the ground with his hip and doesn't actually avoid the score...to be honest, I don't like that much this new rule which states that if you're turned around and touch the ground even with only a part of your side it's a score...I prefer the old one, when you had to put at least part of the back of your opponent on the ground to get a score)...

and now it's the Netherlands that take a Gold medal...

Kim Polling, infact, wins the women's -70kg class (for the 4th time in 5 years :yikes::bowdown:) in the Golden Score time by beating Sally Conway (GBR) in the final match (great fight, by the way)...

Bronze medals in this class go to Gemma Howell (GBR) and Michaela Polleres (AUT)...

p.s. and she could have been fighting for Italy, if only our federation was ready to give her the benefits she was asking for when she was in heavy dispute with the Dutch federation...:cry:

I'm back...

last event for today...the men's -81kg class...Gold for the local man Sagi Muki (ISR), who won against Sami Chouchi (BEL)...

Antonio Esposito (ITA) and Aslan Lappinagov (RUS) got the Bronze medals in this class...

so, it's over for Today...

Russia still on top of the medal table with 3 Gold medals, followed by 6 Nations with "only" 1 Gold...22 Countries in total have at least 1 medal...

Tomorrow, the final day will be on stage with the men's -90kg, -100kg and +100kg and the women's -78kg and +78kg...

2 ore fa, AlFHg ha scritto:

Italy did really really bad today :(

well, it was expected...;)

however, at east we won a couple of medals after the shameful 0 of last year...even if I expected Basile to win the Gold medal here...and he lost to no one (with all respect for Ciloglu, who won Bronze at the end of the day)...:facepalm::wall: